January Lockdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i think the main thing is that duggies-girl son has attended , had the procedure, gone home and is recovering. when surgery is involve, must be careful about germs and stitches. i dont think going on trains and buses would have helped that. also when you have a procedure you are told to self isolate so dont infect others. the guidelines should be clearer but you are told to attend medical appts to stop backlog

MartinWL

Jun 12, 2020
London
I am glad that you agree @MartinWL but I would still argue that it is not for the sake of convenience, it is for the sake of pure common sense. If he had gone by train then he could have picked up anything on the way there and if he had come home on the train then he would have put himself at risk of pulling a stitch or worse which would have meant a second trip to put right any damage he had done to himself. It was a very minor op but in a place that he would not like me to mention and he does not want to have to repeat the procedure so we erred on the safe side which meant no driving for him and as little stress on that part of the body as possible so no mile hikes before or after for a couple of days.

He has recovered well and is now back to normal which I am glad of but I would do again without hesitation for his sake and nothing more.
The 17 reasons for leaving the place where you are living don't include one that mentions common sense.

It is a general point that we are not entitled to break laws because we think it is common sense.
I think it is common sense that I should invite my friend to visit me at home because he has had covid and is immune already. ( Please, no discussion about whether I am right or not, that isn't the issue). But it remains illegal whether I think it is common sense or not. Common sense tells me that it is fine to park on a double yellow line for a few minutes at 2am on a deserted road. ,No harm in that. But I can still get a ticket!

We may of course hope that the police will apply common sense, but they don't have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa