J D M says Thanks

J D M

Nov 26, 2015
Scotland
Social Services have been out and doing all sorts. I cant take it all in but have been told not to worry they are putting a care package in and also talked with neighbours so getting visitors. Also got book to write everything down, my things to do and my thoughts etc. I am so far down there is only one way to go, that is up.

I have received great warmth from all here and you have all helped and I cannot thank you all enough. The first entry in my book is to come here for warmth. Sorry that is the only word I can find to describe what I have found here. I feel all alone and even more lost and crying all the time, any act of kindness leaves me crying my eyes out. I am sorry if what I am writing is so disjointed I am just, I dont know how to put it but I am sure some one here will know what I mean.

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
JMD you are so coooooooooooooooooooool. YOU have achieved so much so quickly that you must be quite exhausted and now you need a bit of a rest perhaps. Please do keep posting, we will miss you a lot if you just disappear. Well done you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I think we all know what you mean JMD. Many of us , carers and those with dementia, are so emotionally drained any form of sympathy makes us even more emotional.

I`m so pleased you are getting some help and support.

J D M

Nov 26, 2015
Scotland
Anything I have achheived is down do you all on here. I am sitting here at the moment crying my eyes out and finding it hard to write anything. There is so much hurt and despair and things going on that I cant talk about and dont understand. I am sorry I cant write anymore but I will leave computer on and write down to come back...Thanks again for listening to my ramblings.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hi J D M
Thank you for letting us know how things are going.
I'm so pleased that you are getting support now :)
You are so sensible to let your feelings out - a good weep now and then is a way to let out the pressure.
Best wishes

beverrino

Jan 12, 2015
Hi J D M, so sorry you are going through this terrible time and you may not think so, but you are doing brilliantly. It must be so hard when you are so upset and I really hope you can gain further strength from this community. The wonderful people on here have helped me so much when I have been feeling down.
Its a lot for you to cope with especially at the moment and I really hope things pick up for you soon. Take care

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Social Services have been out and doing all sorts. I cant take it all in but have been told not to worry they are putting a care package in and also talked with neighbours so getting visitors. Also got book to write everything down, my things to do and my thoughts etc. I am so far down there is only one way to go, that is up.

I have received great warmth from all here and you have all helped and I cannot thank you all enough. The first entry in my book is to come here for warmth. Sorry that is the only word I can find to describe what I have found here. I feel all alone and even more lost and crying all the time, any act of kindness leaves me crying my eyes out. I am sorry if what I am writing is so disjointed I am just, I dont know how to put it but I am sure some one here will know what I mean.

Hi JDM so pleased to hear that you have some help and yes keep posting on here it will help you tremendously, I'm so glad I found this site and hope that you will be too xx

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Well done JDM, I am so pleased you are getting some help and that you found this forum so useful, keep on posting, everyone here is so kind and helpful xx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
You've done so well already and I'm so glad that your neighbours are understanding too.
With the help from Social Services too, I hope you will soon be feeling much more positive about things.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I am a bit late in posting on your thread but wanted to say how much I admire how you are coping with such a massive change in your life.

TP is wonderful but it seems you have neighbours and SS also helping you now. As you say the only way is up - there may be some blips on the way but please keep posting as we value hearing from you.

My very best wishes

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
I am very glad that you are now getting some practical help and support, to go alongside the support and warmth you have found here (I think 'warmth' is a very good word for the kindness and support found here on TP).

You have made big steps forward, although it might not seem so. Please give yourself a pat on the back :)

black night

Sep 26, 2014
I've vascular demeñtia can some one help

Hi I've had social services have done a lot for me but I had to buy my own riser recliner I've had to buy a table to go with char I'm having a wet room put in just waiting for contract people to put it in its been a battle to keep up with my vascular demeñtia .stephen