Its worth it all

Blimey

Jun 6, 2012
Just wanted to say....

If you are like me at all you will - cry, worry, wonder, clean, wash, feed, dress, reassure, arrange, juggle, sacrifice, cry again, repeat, repeat, repeat, loose, find, and keep going.

After sharing my life and home in a way I never imagined I am rewarded with - a look in the eye, a chuckle, a smile and it's worth it all.

If its anger, confusion, denial, accusations, blame, I am here and always have been. She can rely on me. She is my mother and I am her daughter even when she doesn't know it I do and keep going.

I will leave frustration at siblings, the illness, the system behind and keep going because I know its worth it all.
:)

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
You are so very right
and thankyou for raising my spirits tonight with such a celebratory post :D

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
Thank you from me too Blimey. It's not often that we say it, and we can't be sure that we will always feel like this, but I believe that I want and am able to carry on because it is worth it, despite all the difficulties.

In the end what could be a better reason for being alive than trying to do all we can to ensure that someone we love gets what they can out of life?

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
You have said it so well.

For all those hard days are cancelled out by going to the care home and see Mum smiling and well, sitting with her friends.

We all live for these moments, for the brief glimpses of the people we love as they used to be.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Thank you from me too Blimey. It's not often that we say it, and we can't be sure that we will always feel like this, but I believe that I want and am able to carry on because it is worth it, despite all the difficulties.

In the end what could be a better reason for being alive than trying to do all we can to ensure that someone we love gets what they can out of life?

Well said!

Stresshead

Sep 13, 2014
I agree.......even through all the bad times I wouldn't have it any other way. My dad needs me and I love him and will be here until the end. X

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
So very true . I have just posted in another thread how frustrated I was with something but then my mum remembered her birthday ( Christmas Day) and it made me happy . We sang Christmas songs as we decorated the tree . Good memories.

sarahjg

Apr 15, 2015
Blimey... what a lovely post.. I look in on here regularly and, like many others, feel the frustration of this horrible disease and everything that has come with it.. but you've reminded me to hang on to the things that make it all worthwhile... I know my dad is still in there when he opens his eyes ( or one eye!) and I know he knows it's me .. or when he grips my hand or opens his mouth for me to give him a drink.. Thank you and take care xxx

susanh13

Oct 23, 2013
Blimey, I love your last two paras, u have summed it up so well how I feel and have to hang on to see me through the days.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Nice post Blimey.
It's been a difficult year here, but the days when OH comes up with a little joke or smiles her warm little smile reminds me why I fell for her in the first place.