It's What I Do!

maryjoan

Mar 25, 2017
South of the Border
OK, so I have adjusted, put up with, sympathised with, cared for, learnt about, tolerated, loved, felt sorry for etc etc etc .....

BUT

In these dark days for our country when I am trying to keep him safe, and trying to increase hygiene, and spread of virus, and realise he has no understanding at all.

When I try to tell him not to wipe out his mug with a dirty cloth - and all I get is 'It's What I do!'

Is it now time to scream?????

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hello @maryjoan , I didnt realise that he was still with you, I thought his family had moved him.
Im afraid that set responses like that are common, as you say - it reveals the lack of understanding. Its no good trying to tell him stuff - exchange the dirty cloth for a clean one and scream inside.

White Rose

Nov 4, 2018
The straw that breaks the camels back isn't it. So the plan to move (or move him) didn't work out @maryjoan? My partner has no clue about the virus but luckily he takes no part in housework and cleaning these days, I just follow after him with a cloth and can usually persuade him to wash his hands after he's been to the toilet.

maryjoan

Mar 25, 2017
South of the Border
Thanks, one and all,
The plan to move him is all in place - we are awaiting a vacancy in the council lists....... I was doing really well for a short while, but everything has been put on hold now because of Covid 19. He no longer, like all our
PWD's goes out, so the 24/7 syndrome is really kicking in with me now........and for all of you - it is such a huge responsibility trying to 2nd guess everything for us all.....
I believe we will come out the other end, but I have already warned the social worker that she might have to come and scrape me up off the floor - she didn't answer that one!!

Buteo

Mar 20, 2019
My wife blows her nose with anything to hand, her top, towels, gloves etc. I give her tissues but you can't tell her!!!

Buteo

Mar 20, 2019
I always wash my hands with my wife, so that she can copy me. She's got into more of a habit now and her muscle memory does the rest when she sees me doing it. If I just told her she should wash her hands she would not know where to begin and would tell me not to order her about!

White Rose

Nov 4, 2018
My wife blows her nose with anything to hand, her top, towels, gloves etc. I give her tissues but you can't tell her!!!
My partner does the same, the towel, gloves, tablecloth..... I feel like the nose blowing police, always having to be alert and tissues to hand .....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lesley&john