It's the Unpredictability...

optocarol

Nov 23, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
that gets me! Feeling a bit sorry for myself with a cold. OH is all solicitous asking if he can help, then later swears because I ask him to put a glass back in the sink that I was just going to wash. I think I could cope better if he were consistently nasty!

Who knows?

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Sorry you are not feeling well optocarol. I had a cold a couple of weeks ago and I found it so much harder to be tolerant, and my husand wasn't swearing at me! Not good that you have to put up with verbal abuse.
As we all know, probably he wants to be helpful then the disease takes over.
Hope you will be feeling better soon, and perhaps your husband will settle down. He may be disturbed that you aren't feeling well and worried that you won't be there for him. Love, Es
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Silver Lining

Nov 20, 2013
Me too .....

that gets me! Feeling a bit sorry for myself with a cold. OH is all solicitous asking if he can help, then later swears because I ask him to put a glass back in the sink that I was just going to wash. I think I could cope better if he were consistently nasty!

Who knows?

When my OH was at home I told him I was going to have a lie down (just to escape really) he was very caring etc etc, about 10 minutes later he swore at me and asked if I was going to stay in bed all day!!:(:(

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
I once heard someone say: "If this is love, I'd rather be hated, it's more honest!" That's not a nice statement. I forget what caused it, as it was said too many years ago, now. Obviously, someone had upset someone else who were meant to be in a close relationship, but I got like that too, in later years.

You wouldn't cope well with constant nastiness, optocarol. I know I didn't. It's just not good for anyone. Hope that by now, you're getting the better of that cold and things are looking better, with you more able to cope.

Your hubby is obviously trying to help where he can. This blasted disease puts paid to that. You know he doesn't mean the bad things. You know he doesn't.

Love n hugs coming your way, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx