It's sundays when I miss him most

Áine

Feb 22, 2006
sort of north east ish
I've felt more or less OK all week, and then got really fed up and miserable today for no apparent reason. Then I realise, before dad was ill (after he was ill I saw him nearly every day) it was Sunday I used to go and see him. I didn't always want to go ....... he was very deaf and it was hard work .... but it was what we did more or less every Sunday since my mother died 9 years ago. And now he's gone it feels so strange.

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
It wasn't any particular day for me as I went there whenever she seemed to need me, but usually not weekends because of transport problems.

Lila

zan

Jan 4, 2006
staffordshire
It hit me in the summer holidays. I used to try to take Mum and Dad out once a week while the kids were off from school and we had some great times. This year it felt very empty at the beginning of the holidays. Sometimes me and the kids went out together and if we went to the same places we'd talk about times past, then we'd go walking or enjoy the place as best we could. It takes time to get used to the empty space that is left.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BB2CAN