Its Sunday morning here and Mum thinks its Monday

Linbrusco

Mar 4, 2013
Auckland...... New Zealand
and shes all dressed and ready for her Alzheimers Lady picking her up to take her to her group.

So much confusion lately about what day it is, I got a digital frame & programme to remind her of what day it is, and whether morning, afternoon etc
I thought it would work, and it does to a point.

Her and Dad have had words this morning over the whole thing because shes adamant that its Monday and she has to get ready because she getting picked up soon.
I have just been over to tell her its tomorrow, and its Sunday because I am not at work and she's half accepted it for now.
Dad has MCI so theres no point in telling him anything in how to react/respond to it.
In fact he was laughing at her when I went over :mad:

I have always said to my siblings that Mum can only stay at home for as long as nothing too extreme happens, and dad can cope, but since Christmas Mum has devleoped urinary incontinence and has had 1 UTI and a suspected UTI this week but her test came back negative. Her GP put her on antiboitics just in case pending the test results.

Dementia is trying on anyone let alone my Dad with MCI.
I have been waiting for that crisis point that forces Mum into care, but I think that crisis point will be Dad.

Bod

Aug 30, 2013
Thats exactly what we had this morning, MiL dressed and ready to go to Daycentre.
Most disappointed it was only Sunday.

Bod

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
The person I am caring for is exactly the same lol, needs to be a day centre day, nothing else will do!!! Glad it is so much fun there. A hundred thousand cheers for day centres and all those who work in them!!

Linbrusco

Mar 4, 2013
Mums confusion lasted all day.
She said that the lady who picks her up must have forgot :rolleyes:
As my parents live behind us, Mum was over 6x during the day and I had to go over there another 4x.
Mums groups are 3x a week, and she has nothing Fri-Sun unless I can take her out, but its not always possible.
Mum really does nothing around the house now except for watching TV and doing some laundry which is getting more difficult because she is forgetting how to use the washing machine. For something to do she is putting on the washing machine on every day, even if its to wash one towel :eek:
We pay for water here, so Mum & Dads water bill is shooting up.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
The person I am caring for is exactly the same lol, needs to be a day centre day, nothing else will do!!! Glad it is so much fun there. A hundred thousand cheers for day centres and all those who work in them!!

Hallelujah to that Fizzie. This time last year my life was a nightmare. Three days at day centre for John have allowed me to feel like me again. He goes happily and is probably glad of a change from me too.

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
Can you turn the washing machine off at the wall? It might stop the lone tea towel washing.

Linbrusco

Mar 4, 2013
Can you turn the washing machine off at the wall? It might stop the lone tea towel washing.

No she would get Dad turning it on for her :)
When Mum was on her own once for an hour, but I was still here to watch over her, I turned the stove off at the mains.
I forgot to turn it back on though, and Dad couldn't figure out why their stove was not working, and kicking up big time blaming Mum for breaking it. ( He has MCI)
I happened to go over, realised it was me not turning it back on, and had to make a big lie about the power company turning the power off and that ours was off too.
Managed to sneakily switch it back on :rolleyes:

Have never told so many lies in my life :eek:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne Paterson