Its still so hard ... frustration is setting in

kingmidas1962

Jun 10, 2012
South Gloucs
well, I took mum to the doctor today as she's feeling very low again ....

I really rate her doctor. She falls into the 'firm but fair' category and told mum that her recovery is in her hands. I have done all I can and the medical profession has done all they can. If she is offered various activities / therapy etc that might help her but doesn't want to engage with it that is of course her choice, but basically that's it. Her circumstances ARE awful ... her life has changed completely and it will take her time to adjust - but at the end of the day, she must put some effort into the adjustment.

Th GP gave her a leaflet from Lift Psychology and mum said 'I think I've got one of those already'. The Doc said 'have you contacted them? ... mum replies 'no' .... doctor says 'Will you?' ... no answer was the stern reply.

Before I took mum down to the doctor today I was wavering about whether to see her on Saturday - I'd already said I wouldn't, but as she was feeling so bad I was on shaky ground. The visit to the doctor has made me more resolute though, not less. My seeing her wont help.

I had some bad news myself today - a colleague and friend of mine has just lost her husband, very suddenly. I was a bit tearful when I picked mum up and I told her why. She said she thought I was upset because she was feeling so bad at the moment and looked disappointed almost when I said it was something else ...