Its Over

joyportsmouth

Mar 26, 2007
HI

Mum Passed away last wendsday,6 months to the day my dad died.

It was kidney failure that fineally took her.
She had been unwell for a few weeks {not with the dementia} and the doctor realised it was her kdneys about 2 week ago.Diyalasis was an option {though there were concerns that her body coudnt take the operation to insert the shunt}and the doctor said that 'treatment was good if it was to prolong life, but not if it was to prolong death'.Even with Diyalasis,she would have only had a couple more months which would have been in hospital and not very comfortable.It was a very difficult choice but i hope i made the right one.

You have all been wonderfull to me on here and i hope that i continue to visit the site.

Thanks

joy

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Dear Joy

I am so sorry to hear your news. I don't know if it's any comfort, but I think the decision you made is the one I would make if I was in your place.

Love

Jennifer

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Joy,

Such sad news. I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your mother and send sincere condolences.

`Prolonging death` cannot possibly be the answer, and I`m sure you feel the doctor`s advice was good.

I do hope you continue to visit TP whenever and as often as you need. There will always be someone here for you.

Love xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Joy

I'm so sorry to hear of your mum's death. You must be so upset, losing her and your dad within six months.

I think you made the right decision. it's one I certainly would have made. The doctor's words were very apt.

Please come back to us, whenever you feel up to it.

Love,

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I am so sorry to hear your news. I must say I DO feel you made the right decision. If I had been your Mum I would have hoped you made that same decision for me. I hope you take comfort from the sentiments felt here on TP.

You now have the grieving process but please always remember that you did your utmost for your Mum - that is all you could do.

Take care - thinking about you at this sad time. Beckyjan

Tina

May 19, 2006
Dear Joy,

my sympathy and condolences at this sad time. And so soon after you lost your dad too.

Thinking of you.
Tina

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
My heart goes out to you. You have had so much to contend with.

For what it's worth I think you made the right decision.

'treatment was good if it was to prolong life, but not if it was to prolong death'.QUOTE]

I shall remember those words.

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Hi Joy

So sorry to hear your news, sending you my deepest condolences............it must have been a very difficult decision, but i'm sure your mum would agree............. it was the right thing to do.

Sending you a big {{{{{{HUG}}}}}}

Best wishes
Love Alex x

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Dear Joy
As you know I lost my precious Peg only 22 days ago and I am having a tough time.
I do hope you will stay with TP,I am,we can can give such a lot to others that haven't finished the journy yet.
Thinking of you
Norman

Carolann

Apr 19, 2006
Nottinghamshire
Hi joy,
So sorry to hear about your Mum, sometimes the decisions we have to make are not easy, but I am sure you did what was best for Mum.

I know how you are feeling Mum and Dad passed away last year within 6 months of one another, it is a difficult time, my thoughts are with you.

Take care,
Carolann

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
I echo others in believing you did the right thing for your Mum. Quality of life should take precedence over quantity of life in my opinion.

My sincerest sympathy on your loss, and so soon after your dear Dad's passing. What a very hard year for you.

Sending you my condolences and some big {{{HUGS}}}

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
'treatment was good if it was to prolong life, but not if it was to prolong death'.
Dear Joy
I send my deepest sympathy to you. Decisions in life are sometimes very difficult to make, but, I feel you did make the right choice. I'll be thinking of you at this sad time. Take Care. Taffy.

Cate

Jul 2, 2006
Newport, Gwent
Dear Joy

I am so very sorry to hear your news, and sending you my deepest condolences.

What a good doctor your mum had, and with such good insight, in your shoes, I would have made the same decision.

Please come back to us when you feel able.

Love

Cate

lovdn2

Jul 24, 2007
joyportsmouth said:
doctor said that 'treatment was good if it was to prolong life, but not if it was to prolong death'.
joy

What a wonderful thing to say to you at such a terrible time, very compassionate.

Of course you did the right thing, when you love someone you sometimes have to let them go, your Mum is at peace with your Dad and that is a beautiful thing.

All my love to you at this time Joy and my deepest sympathy on the loss of both your parents.

Take it one step at a time and look after yourself

xx

carolr

Jul 12, 2007
bradford
Dear Joy

So sorry to hear your sad news, my deepest sympathy at this sad time. I will be thinking of you and your family.

Sunlight

Feb 12, 2007
My deepest sympathies. It must have been such a hard decision to make. I think the words of advise from the doctor about prolonging death are very true.

taylorcat

Jun 18, 2006
W.Scotland
Sad news indeed. I, too, think you made the right decision, also one which I think the majority of people would have made.

Thinking of you.