1. maria29al

maria29al Registered User

Mar 15, 2006
    Warwickshire
    Much love

So sorry to hear your sad news. Thinking of you. Big hug.

Marion
    x

2. jakky

jakky Registered User

Jan 30, 2006
    Staffs
    Dear Zan

Sorry to hear your sad news, stay strong and focussed

jakky

3. DaisyG

DaisyG Registered User

Feb 20, 2006
    North West England
    Sorry

Thinking of you...

DaisyG

4. suptowngirl

suptowngirl Registered User

Sep 19, 2005
    Staffordshire
    so sory

Hi Zan,
    I have not been able to get on for ages and tonight I read about your dad. I am so sorry you have lost him. I'm sure he is with your mom again and happy.
    Take Care
    Suptowngirl

5. May

May Registered User

Oct 15, 2005
    Yorkshire
    So sorry Zan
    Thinking of you
    Take care

6. zan

zan Registered User

Jan 4, 2006
    staffordshire
    Thankyou Nada, We're supposed to be in training but it's too hot at the moment. We walked in Snowdonia over Easter and did a weekend of walks during the Peak District walking festival ( 14 miles and 8 miles) . Time to get back in to our training. Have heard that the midges are bad in Scotland in August. Any one had any experience of them? Love Zan

7. Norman

Norman Registered User

Oct 9, 2003
    Birmingham Hades
    Hi Zan
    do get some anti midge cream.
    We stayed next to Loch Goil years back,I was eaten alive by the blasted things.
    Norman

8. Lynne

Lynne Registered User

Jun 3, 2005
    Suffolk,England
    Midges

:eek: Eek, do I remember Scottish midges! Early morning & evenings, there are millions of them per square inch! (They disappear once the sun gets up - IF the sun gets up)
    About 14 years ago my then partner & I went camping in Scotland, travelling on motorbikes. We camped at Kyle of Lochalsh (quite near to where the ferry for Skye is, pre-bridge) where I'm sure there is a special breed of Sabre-toothed Midges! At about 8 a.m. we were packing up the tent etc., both wearing our full m/cycle clothing (including crash helmet & visor) to avoid being bitten to death by the little dears (and they still got in the collars & cuffs.)
    It gave great amusement, I'm sure, to all the other campsite residents watching from the relative safety of their caravans & campers.

9. zan

zan Registered User

Jan 4, 2006
    staffordshire
    Thanks Lynne and Norman, I'll be off to get all the creams and potions to keep off the little horrors. Zan