Its me again Folks !!!

Silver Lining

Nov 20, 2013
My visits to my OH have vastly become more enjoyable, I feel so unsettled because he just wants to come home but realistically there may be quite a few problems if he did, not only does he have to have access to Nursing staff but his cognition and how he misunderstands situations would undoubtedly be tricky.

I am just hoping a time will come when I can have him home for the day on a regular basis, am I living in "cloud cuckoo land". Some days he seems so ok.!!:(:( SL

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
My visits to my OH have vastly become more enjoyable, I feel so unsettled because he just wants to come home but realistically there may be quite a few problems if he did, not only does he have to have access to Nursing staff but his cognition and how he misunderstands situations would undoubtedly be tricky.

I am just hoping a time will come when I can have him home for the day on a regular basis, am I living in "cloud cuckoo land". Some days he seems so ok.!!:(:( SL

If you can find someone to chat with at the place your hubby is at, and to explore his situation with an intelligent someone who understands him; why not just ask? You know what you're capable of coping with, Silver Lining. Doesn't hurt to at least ask :)

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Can only share what I was told when I suggested I might bring Fred home on occasions and that was that at best he would be confused at 'new' surroundings and at worst he might refuse to go back and the upset would start àll over again.

Last edited:

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Strangely enough, Mums reaction was the opposite - she did not recognise her home at all.
She had begun to not accept her bungalow as home before she went into her CH and the one day that a friend of hers and I took her back to choose some things for her room she got quite aggressive wanting to know whose home it was and why had we brought her there? When I said that it was her own bungalow and everything belonged to her she did not believe it. We had to go away again.

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
How I understand your feelings of hoping that you will be able to take your husband home for the day - I was advised against it when my husband went into care not least for the same reason that Truth has mentioned - he might become very confused and taking him back to the NH would cause even more confusion and distress. He often said to me "Let's go" meaning home but I soon realised that his conception of home varied from day to day. Sometimes he even referred to home as where he had been brought up as a child in London. I agree with Chuggs - ask for advice at the Care Home before making a decision. WIFE

Silver Lining

Nov 20, 2013
Can only share what I was told when I suggested I might bring Fred home on occasions and that was that at best he would be confused at 'new' surroundings and at worst he might refuse to go back and the upset would start àll over again.
That is a distinct possibility with my OH who keeps asking to come home, this is so hard :(:(:(

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
That sounds really heartbreaking Silver. You've got your own grief to deal with and the distressed feelings of your husband, and you've got to be the one who is strong. So much to deal with. Sending you a huge (((((((((hug))))))))) and love. Es
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Silver Lining

Nov 20, 2013
That sounds really heartbreaking Silver. You've got your own grief to deal with and the distressed feelings of your husband, and you've got to be the one who is strong. So much to deal with. Sending you a huge (((((((((hug))))))))) and love. Es
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thank you - I dont know how some of you cope with their partner being at home, I suppose I feel a bit guilty but I don't think I would have been able to cope much longer as my health was really suffering. SL