1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

1. Ppod

Ppod Registered User

Nov 3, 2010
    My lovely cantankerous generous dad died on Monday at 4:45am. After being there for 5 days he waited until I had gone home to leave me. I feel sad, lost, bereaved. I feel happy Dad's suffering is over, guilty I didn't do more and exhausted. I loved my dad - he was my worst critic and best ally - a true friend. And I miss him

2. nannylondon

nannylondon Registered User

Apr 7, 2014
    London
    My condolences for your loss but your right his suffering is over don't feel guilty and let yourself grieve sending you hugs xx

3. Lovleemummy

Lovleemummy Registered User

Jun 13, 2013
    Stoke-on-Trent
    May your dad rest in peace. I also lost my dear mother-in-law on Monday.

4. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    I'm so sorry for your loss.

5. theunknown

theunknown Registered User

Apr 17, 2015
    Hugs to you x

6. hisstessa2

hisstessa2 Registered User

Feb 19, 2015
    USA
    So sorry for your loss. I lost my mom in April. But I am happy she is in a better place not suffering. I grieve daily. Sometimes worse, but getting better. Hugs to yourself!

7. Gigglemore

Gigglemore Registered User

Oct 18, 2013
    British Isles
    Ppod - so very sorry for the loss of your dear Dad.

Lovleemummy - condolences on the loss of your mother-in-law.

Wishing you both strength at this sad time. Take care.

8. Pickles53

Pickles53 Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Radcliffe on Trent
    Sending my deepest sympathy to you both. May you find peace and comfort.

9. LYN T

LYN T Registered User

Aug 30, 2012
    Brixham Devon
    Ppod and lovleemummy, please accept my condolences. I wish you both strength at this very sad time.

Love

Lyn T XX

10. jaymor

jaymor Volunteer Moderator

Jul 14, 2006
    Female
    England
    So sorry to hear the sad news of your loses Ppod and Lovleemummy.

11. katie1

katie1 Registered User

Aug 5, 2014
    Kendal Cumbria
    My condolances to you both, I lost my Dad on the 19th June its very early days and I empathise with the feeling of loss and emptiness. But life does and will go on, they tell me things will gradually improve with time and that is probably true.
    We must just take each day as it comes, little steps at a time. Take Care of yourselves and remember those lovely feelings of love and happy memories that no one will ever take away.

12. sue38

sue38 Registered User

Mar 6, 2007
    Wigan, Lancs
    I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I love your description of him as your 'worst critic and best ally'. What every dad should be :). I'm sure you'll miss him terribly as it sounds like you had a great relationship with him - my thoughts are with you.