It's Dad's time .

janjan

Jan 27, 2006
Birmingham
Dad has now gone into hospital early hours of this morning with chest infection turned into pneumonia.
He was in last week for three days. We have asked for palliative care for dad as we think it is the right thing for him. He doesn't seem in any pain and all of you who know me might remember that he hasn't talked in a long time, except when he had a mild stroke about a month ago and talked for about a week after.
Well today he has talked since 3oclock this morning, and tonight he has called me by name which he hasn't called me in at least 2yrs. What a shock it was for me and a joy mixed into 1.
Also he walked up until Saturday.
I know this isn't going to be easy, but just trying to look on the positive side while i can.
Thank you all for being with me this far through our journey.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Sorry to hear abour your Dad but it is wonderful that he was able to talk to you this am. Thoughts are with you and I hope you can share the rest of yours (and his) journey - take care. Jan

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Well today he has talked since 3oclock this morning, and tonight he has called me by name which he hasn't called me in at least 2yrs. What a shock it was for me and a joy mixed into 1.

sending you my love and best wishes xx

elaineo2

Jul 6, 2007
leigh lancashire
Dear janjan
I echo beckyjans post,may we all on TP help you continue your journey.They say "time and tide" wait for no man,This is a "time and tide "that TP will do it's best to help you endure,of this i am sure.

love and best wishes elainex

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Jan, it is a journey we all share. Similar destination, just different routes and timetables.

My love and thoughts with you at this stage in the journey.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dera Jan, thank you for your post, it was so brave.

It's wonderful that your dad is able totalk to you, and recognise you, as he nears the end of his journey. It must be so emotional for you, and a lovely memory.

I hope your dad has peace now, and that you can all take comfort as his suffering ends.

Love and hugs,

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Jan,

Sorry that your dad is so ill, I am happy for you that your dad is talking and can see how it would be a shock and joy mixed into one.

I hope that things are peaceful and comfortable for your dad.

Caring Thoughts Taffy.

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Jan,
I echo other messages and my thoughts are with you and your Dad. It must have been so emotional that fact he knew your name. I wish I could hear Peter call me by name just the once, I am not greedy as he hasn't called me by name for over 3 years.
God Bless. Christine

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Dear Jan,

Just to echo everyone else's wishes, I too hope that if this is the end it is a peaceful time for you and your Dad.

Also your post got me thinking. My Dad talks all the time, not all of it makes sense, but I can't remember the last time he used my name to me...

janjan

Jan 27, 2006
Birmingham
Thanks eyeryone for your replies and good wishes for us all. Dad's not good at all today. Mom looks in shock and i do hope i dont have to try and prop her up to long before it sinks in for me to. This is the end of a very hard journey for me , that i think has made me a better person for it. If you understand what i mean.

okmurrays

Oct 17, 2007
kelowna, bc, canada
Your posts touched me.
I hope that this part of the journey is less painful than earlier stages, and that your dad is lucid so you can have some precious memories.
Thinking of you and your parents.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peej