Its been a while how is everyone.

2197alexandra

Oct 28, 2013
Sileby
Just received a happy birthday email from talking point and it made me realise it's been a while since I've been in here. I had to make the decision to stop coming here so I could grieve and deal with losing dad without constantly reminding myself of the life we lived everyday.
Well I've come a long way over the summer months and have found solace in my garden. I no longer sit staring at dad's door in the garden from my seat in the dining room. I go out and make my garden beautiful instead. It's been great for my mental health as it's gave me a purpose something to look after I suppose.
I haven't returned to work but I'm just about to start a volunteering position at a local unit for adults with learning difficulties.
I miss my dad terribly and don't think I've even started to grieve properly so much of this year has been taken up clearing his house which ended up taking 8 months instead of one. The house is now on the market and the vultures are awaiting there share. I don't speak to many family anymore since dad died they showed there true colours I will never forgive.
I hope there has been some improvements in the care service for those in the world only we could ever know since I last came here but sadly I guess it's still the same old heart break for us all.
Love to you all Alex X

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Hi Alex

Nearly a year since your Dad passed away-it hardly seems possible! Well done for finding therapy in getting outside and tending your garden. After a bereavement some people stay with TP-others find it better to leave; I hope we will hear continued progress reports from you. I'm glad that you are starting to get some peace back in your life.

Thanks for your update

Love

Lyn T XX

Lifebuoy44

Jun 21, 2014
Sleaford, Lincs
Missing Dad .....

Just received a happy birthday email from talking point and it made me realise it's been a while since I've been in here. I had to make the decision to stop coming here so I could grieve and deal with losing dad without constantly reminding myself of the life we lived everyday.
Well I've come a long way over the summer months and have found solace in my garden. I no longer sit staring at dad's door in the garden from my seat in the dining room. I go out and make my garden beautiful instead. It's been great for my mental health as it's gave me a purpose something to look after I suppose.
I haven't returned to work but I'm just about to start a volunteering position at a local unit for adults with learning difficulties.
I miss my dad terribly and don't think I've even started to grieve properly so much of this year has been taken up clearing his house which ended up taking 8 months instead of one. The house is now on the market and the vultures are awaiting there share. I don't speak to many family anymore since dad died they showed there true colours I will never forgive.
I hope there has been some improvements in the care service for those in the world only we could ever know since I last came here but sadly I guess it's still the same old heart break for us all.
Love to you all Alex X

Hi Alex,

My Dad died 7 years ago, 3 years after my Mum, and I still miss them badly. Whoever said "time heals" had little or no sense of real love. I have learned to cope by remembering all their responses to my daily living situations and imagining what they would advise me to do in each one. That way, I can still draw on their huge experience of life, and pay respect to their wisdom and love. Their absence still hurts, but their love still lives on in my heart and mind. Try to remember all their love and support they gave you in their lives, and be grateful for the guidance they gave to you. They may have passed away, but their love and wisdom still guide your life. hold fast to peace; that was their greatest gift to you. Kindest wishes, Bob