It's been a long night....

Lainey 127

Nov 25, 2012
Liverpool UK
Mum 92, 93 soon, and has had mixed dementia for two years. My sister and I are caring for her in her own home.
I know she can't go on for much longer but she's taken a dip over the last 24 hours. She's not been awake for more than half an hour during the day, she's had sips of fluids and a mouthful of food but hasn't eaten much in 24 hours. Since teatime, she has lost control of her bowel movements, but she's totally non co-operative when I've tried to wash and change her.
She says she's dying, and that she feels cold although her SATS are fine. I don't want to think she's on her final stretch. The longest hours are before dawn but I'm going to be so glad to see the sun come up in a few hours.
Thinking of all of you who are going through the same thing tonight....

Last edited:

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Sharing this with your sister must help. Hope both of you stay strong.

Tias mum

Nov 11, 2014
Mum 92, 93 soon, and has had mixed dementia for two years. My sister and I are caring for her in her own home.
I know she can't go on for much longer but she's taken a dip over the last 24 hours. She's not been awake for more than half an hour during the day, she's had sips of fluids and a mouthful of food but hasn't eaten much in 24 hours. Since teatime, she has lost control of her bowel movements, but she's totally non co-operative when I've tried to wash and change her.
She says she's dying, and that she feels cold although her SATS are fine. I don't want to think she's on her final stretch. The longest hours are before dawn but I'm going to be so glad to see the sun come up in a few hours.
Thinking of all of you who are going through the same thing tonight....

I was called to the Nursing Home this morning. Mums breathing had changed and she was having long periods (about 40 seconds not breathing) she is still the same tonight, its just a waiting game. When will this most horrible disease be over. I don't have any sisters or brothers just me. My daughter and I are due to go to New York in the morning for a few days. So many people have told me to go. My mum went a long time ago but I still don't know. She would have said go. God this is horrible.