Its been 6 years since...

Donkeyshere

May 25, 2016
outside UK
Hi all

I used to post on here a bit but since the MIL went into a home over 2 years ago I've just popped in occasionally. Today I had a look back at my first posts from 2016 and just got an overwhelming view of how much my OH and I had gone through to where we are now. I've gone from not knowing a thing about dementia to being able to help people I know going through a similar thing, to have a sense of despair to knowing that others are in the same boat and on here we all come together to support others. My MIL has been in a dementia wing for over a year its does get harder everytime we go in to see her, (especially for my OH), but I have no doubt that she is well looked after. So, hi to those who may remember posts and thank you for being there when I needed you and could not "speak" to anyone else. To those who wonder who this rambling woman is! keep posting you will always have the good advice and support on this forum.

CAL Y

Jul 17, 2021
It wasn’t until it was all over that I realised how bad it had been.
I read some of your posts and think Oh you poor thing having to cope with “that” and then I realise that I had most of the same happen to me.

You are too busy coping at the time to realise just how awful some of it is.

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
? Still here, hopefully helping others sometimes.
Happy to hear MIL is well cared for and some of the pressure is off you.