1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

1. placey

placey Registered User

Sep 3, 2012
    Hi there

My MIL is cared for at home by SIL with our help. Recently MIL has wanted her dinner, that is the usual meal she has in the middle of the day, meat and veg, at all times of day and night. On her way to bed she will suddenly stop and say, " I haven't had any dinner. I'm hungry," and wants to start preparing a meal or preferably eating it. I think this must be quite a common problem but would be interested to hear how other members cope with it.
    Thanks

2. shelagh

shelagh Registered User

Sep 28, 2009
    Staffordshire
    Would a snack help

I often feel hungry at bedtime although I know I have eaten Try not arguing but suggesting a snack

3. fizzie

fizzie Registered User

Jul 20, 2011
    Yes i agree with Shelagh - my mum was hungry at odd times and I was just grateful she had a good appetite - lower chance of falls and losing mobility - so we used to just supplement with snacks - often not healthy ones either. I worked on the principle that life was pretty miserable so anything she wanted she could have lol