It's all over

allthings

Oct 6, 2011
durham
Just to say my wife passed away the 15/05/2015. Aged 55 years. 4 years after being diagnosed with alzheimers. 2 years at home with me. And 1 year 9 months in a care home.we are both alzheimers free now.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I'm so sorry. It's tragic that your dear wife was so young when she passed. As you say you are both Alzheimer's free now, so I hope you can call on that feeling of relief in the times ahead that you have to face.

Please accept my condolences.

Wishing you strength

Lyn T X

allthings

Oct 6, 2011
durham
I was on this site when my wife was first diagnosed.but I found it invaluable source of information. Thank you talking point. I could not participate in discussion as I find the subject too immotive. I wish everyone on the site a smooth journey . I found its not the situation you are in or the Alzheimers that is the stressor. But the battle with the scare system. Being so fragmented. Why can't we have a system where dementia is followed through by one healthcare trust from start to finish. That's all I am going to say now. Finished with alzheimers.

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
Very, very sorry to hear your wife has died. Too young, this is where research is required and you are right, a joined-up system that doesn't bounce you around and waste precious time and energy.

Wishing you strength to sustain you in these dark times. x

tp18

Oct 8, 2012
Sorry to read about your loss. Take comfort that she is sailing away now, free from this horrible disease. x

Mal2

Oct 14, 2014
Enfield
So sorry to hear your news. My sincere condolences, I wish you all the strength needed in the coming days.

All the best as you start the next part of life's journey.

Heartfelt wishes and hugs.

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
so sorry

Just to say my wife passed away the 15/05/2015. Aged 55 years. 4 years after being diagnosed with alzheimers. 2 years at home with me. And 1 year 9 months in a care home.we are both alzheimers free now.

So sorry she was so young my sincere condolences x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy Mayor