It's a good day today

helen.tomlinson

Mar 27, 2008
The first thing I did today was to get two brass tags made up. One with Alan's name, address and telephone no. engraved on it and the other with the hotel name and address on it for when we go away. I am so pleased with this idea. When I came back with them Alan was really pleased.

We then went on a cycle ride along the river and by the lakes and we covered 15 miles. Alan was really happy and he kept saying "hello" to everyone we passed. Anyone seeing him like that would find it impossible to tell that he has an illness!

Alan is now in his chair in the garden resting and relaxing. I am prepared for Alan to be a little more confused because he's now tired - thanks for that information :)

Love Helen

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Helen,
I am so pleased that you and Alan had a lovely day.
Noticing when they are tired and assesing situations is a great thing and it is one less thing to worry about.
Do hope that you both have many good days together.
Best wishes
Christine

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
What a lovely post Helen. :) You certainly know how to make a positive out of a negative.
Love xx

helen.tomlinson

Mar 27, 2008
Thank you both. I am so grateful for all the tips, suggestions, advice and information. Knowledge is power. The tags alone seem such a simple thing but I would have never thought of it myself and Alan is pleased. He is happy today and I think he feels a little more secure just having that information on him. I am learning new things every day and thanks to all of you, my Alan is benefitting.

Love and best wishes

Helen

susiewoo

Oct 28, 2006
Bromley Kent
My Mum is in a home and on thursday when it was so hot I took her to a park we used to go to alot. She was so happy and talked to everything including the squirells!
Just to sit and have an ice cream and watch the children playing was magical and what a golden memory for me.
I could tell when she was tiring as she lapsed into the made up words conversation but for most of the afternoon she was my Mum again.

helen.tomlinson

Mar 27, 2008
Hello Susiewoo

Isn't it wonderful to have those moments - I am so pleased for you and your mum - precious days. Let them keep coming:)