It was meant to be a joke

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
Yes, I remember being so grateful for the chance of a coffee in ASDA on my own before the the dreaded MacDonalds took over. It was me time.

Hayley JS

Feb 20, 2020
I collected the dog on my own from the animal hospital last year. 12 miles in rush hour traffic with the radio blasting. For a fleeting moment, trapped in that car, in that traffic I slipped back into my old working life and I felt so free and alive...

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
But is so close to the truth.

I’m at a place in my life where errands are starting to count as going out.

I remember it so well, but seeing it written down made me smile.

Reminded me of the time I left the hospital at just turned midnight leaving my husband there needing an operation that they were going to do. Took me an hour to get home but I stayed up all night drinking coffee and eating toast. I just didn’t want to miss a moment of this free time and being able to walk to the sink to fill the kettle without someone breathing down my neck asking what I was doing.

jenniferjean

Apr 2, 2016
Basingstoke, Hampshire
being able to walk to the sink to fill the kettle without someone breathing down my neck asking what I was doing.
My husband isn't breathing down my neck as it is a struggle for him to move around, but the constant calling out "what are you doing?" is driving me crazy. I understand why but that doesn't make it any easier.

maryjoan

Mar 25, 2017
South of the Border
... one thing we do... is we both look under the table to see if he has hidden his colon and his memory there! So far, only located a couple of dead spiders!

big l

Aug 15, 2015
And my 2020 'treat'? 3 days in hospital after the cat bit me. A wonderful, restful, fabulous, stay. Clean sheets, (not laundered and put on by me); a good meal( not shopped for, prepared and cooked by me); tea on demand - bless the nurses - and COMPANY. Being able to hold a conversation, hearing points of view and being and feeling in the real world; and oh how wonderful - stress-free blissful, SLEEP (even with the check ups in the night) . And best of all? NO WORRIES!!!The family took over the care for my OH - (no bad thing either) The operation was fine too, so by any other name - a holiday. And I fitted it all in before the end of February this year!

Steve1953

Mar 24, 2020
My "big trip out" is to get the weekly shopping. Love the freedom of that hour. I do get 4 hours off on a Friday morning but still look forward to the weekly shop,

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Before lockdown I used to stop at a wee country pub in N Somerset to read the paper on the way back from shopping. That was half an hour respite.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
as i cant go out its nice when he goes out and i get some privacy rather than him asking who it is and what they say every time i get a message from a friend