it never rains but .........

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya just thought I would give an update.

We are slowly sorting out mum's things, clothes, finances etc. Mum at present sits on a dining chair, and we all say 'hi' as we pass. Think she may move to a more permanent place in the house, till it is dad's turn, then we will place them at a favourite place together.

Last fortnight has been bad. About 3 weeks ago dad complained of numbness in one leg, this gradually spread till he was hospitalised 12 days ago - doctors took a couple of days to confirm what it was and then he has had 5 days of IV plasma. Sunday night he was rushed for a brain scan, as there was fear he had suffered a stroke - thankfully he hadnt. I was there at the time. Realised how I am really not ready to lose him. But last two days has seen a good recovery. His mobility has improved, though at present he is having to use a walking frame. The OT is involved and talking possible hand rails etc when he gets out. He hasnt been given a date to come home yet.

We never know what the future holds - good job really.

Love Helen

angela.robinson

Dec 27, 2004
Hi Helen ,glad to hear dad`s improving . that must have been a really bad scare for you .i hope you find a nice place to keep mum and that she will be there for a good while to come .as with your love and care hopefully dad will make a good recovery .Take care Helen ,there must be something good due to happen for you soon
love Angela

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Helen

Sorry, I PMed you to ask about your dad before I saw this!

You've had such a rough time recently, and you must have been worried sick about your dad. I'm glad he's getting better, and he hadn't had a heart attack. The last thing you expected or needed so soon after losing your mum. Of course you're not ready to lose him yet.

I hope you get him home soon.

Love,

daughter

Mar 16, 2005
Dear Helen,

Sorry to hear about your Dad, I hope he continues to improve and is able to come home very soon. I'm glad you have a place for your Mum. Keep us updated.

love Hazel.

Last edited:

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
We never know what the future holds

That so true, no the feeling as after my father died never thought that any think could hurt me more then his death , till I was later told mum had AZ

Only new about this thread , because of a post you left in the tea room , as I don't really pop in hear After dementia - dealing with loss, only when I feel they a post that help me understand my grief of my father death and the stages that I had of grief

don't know what IV plasma is , but please to read your father improving in the last two days and he has a good recovery, hope when you can , you can keep us updated xx

Last edited:

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Thanks Maggie - just about to go visiting. Dad is doing well, and hopefully will be home next week. He will have to use a zimmer for a while, but we are hoping that time will see a full recovery.
Love Helen

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Helen,
I sure know that feeling of, 'it never rains but pours.' I am glad that your dad is doing much better and hopefully he will soon be home. Take Care Taffy.