It never ends - what a day

GRH

Nov 2, 2009
East Grinstead
Well after my mom being the aged assessment unit at the name of removed by moderator for 5 weeks and having had the financial assessment and located a home for her i was told last week that she would be coming out on Sunday afternoon to the home, then i was told that the Dr wanted to see her this morning and she would be moving to the home this afternoon. Over the eekend I bought mom a tv and took a load of her things down to the home so it was nice and homely or as homely as it could be.

Yesterday the staff nurse told me that she would be moving on Tuesday afternoon. I called to day at just after 3pm to ask what tine tomnorrow so i could be there, only to be told that she has already been discharged at 2:45pm nobody had told me, after I let them know I was not happy, I left the office (in London) and set off. On the way i called the home only to be told she had not arrived yet.

Well i got there at 5pm and my mother had just arrived from the 'minibus tour'. I arrived and it was like stepping back 5 weeks, my mother kicked off like there was no tomorrow, i had the aggression was unbeleivable.

Deputy manager at the home was very good and i had to come away, i just cannot handle it anymore even though i used to go through this on a regular basis.

Frankly the hospital is a joke, when mom fell over ythey did not ring me it was the fact that my neighbour went to see her that day and noticed the huge yellowbruise on the head, they did not let me know she had moved today. Yet when they wanted me to talk to her to calm her down, when they wanted me to oick up her washing, when they wanted me to do something they were on the phone as quick as you like.

There is no care on the ward it is just like a Dementia processing centre, when i called today the guy said they had bed pressures, so basically my mother was booted out to make way and they just shunted the issue to the home. She is now distressed, more confused than she was and frankly scared all becuase of total NHS unthinking incomtetance

In the 5 weeks she has been in there i have been going in regularly i have found the to be the most underhand, devious, uncaring bunch of incompetance I have ever had the misfortune to come across the NHS is a BL**DY joke

Rant over

Last edited by a moderator:

ElaineMaul

Jan 29, 2005
Hi,
I can understand your rant! My experience of the NHS also leaves a certain amount to be desired!

Does the hospital have a PALS office? Their website should tell you. I believe any complaints can be chanelled through them?

I would complain in writing.

Elaine

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
That is so sad Elaine, and unacceptable. My mum was fortunate to be in an excellent hospital, thank goodness, but I can only imagine how awful it has all been for you.

I would definitely make a complaint, but it isn't going to help your mum now.

You need to concentrate on her being happy in the care home.

Let us know how she gets on.

Love

Margaret

Beezed

Apr 28, 2009
Southampton
I am so sorry things are still going so badly for you. I hope the home are able to deal with your mum and that you can get the rest you so badly need to focus on yourself.

From reading your previous posts you tried so hard to do the best for your mother with no support.

Stay strong.

Kind regards,
Jeanne.