It isn't always Dementia !

shelagh

Sep 28, 2009
Staffordshire
In the last few weeks I have found it very difficult to find my books - we have floor to ceiling walls of them. It has taken me a while to realise that the reason they look so neat and tidy is that my amazing new cleaner has rearranged them so they go along the shelves in descending order of size . It wasn't confusion at all.

jude50

Dec 28, 2011
Cardiff
Oh no. I had a friend once who commented on how I had done an OK job on decorating my living room but if it was him he would have sorted my books into height order on my new book cases. Tried to explain that they were vaguely in subject order but were always sorted into groups by the same author but he just said they looked untidy. Mmmm was what I said, what I was thinking was something completely different:D

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
If someone rearranged my books without my permission I might have to kill them!

yep I'm with you on that Beate - and shelagh I suggest you get some help to put them back to where they were and explain to your cleaner why with dementia you need things where you know where they are - before she does it with something else as well

LoisJean

Jan 11, 2016
Northeast Lower Michigan, USA
My books are the ONLY things that I know where they are..the rest of my stuff is always, 'around here somewhere' ::rolleyes: It sounds like you do have a very thorough helper, Shelagh and that's got to be a good thing! LoisJean