1. blue sea

blue sea Registered User

Aug 24, 2005
    England
    I found short, more frequent, visits really helpful when dad was in the later stages of dementia and in an EMI home. If the visit was going well, I would stay longer, but often I just stayed for 20 minutes or so. Long enough to have some contact, talk to the staff, check everything was ok, but not so long that the visit became difficult or too upsetting. I really think you have to just do what you can cope with and try not to feel guilty.
    Blue sea

2. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    I`m so pleased you are posting Janice, and hope it helps you.

Please let us know how the visit went and if you managed to leave earlier without feeling guilty.

Love xx

3. janices666

janices666 Registered User

Jun 23, 2006
    Kent
    Visiting

Dear Sylvia
    I have visited Colin a few times since my last thread and they went well.I still stay about two hours ,and i just sit with him and hold his hand and have a cup of tea together which is nice. It was a bit noisy last time due to a couple of others residents shouting and smacking each other, but you get used to that.
    Its this dreadful illness, as long as Colin isn't suffering in any way, that is what i would hate.
    Hope everyone is ok.
    Love to you all
    Janice xxx