It happen twice

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
My mother must be entering another stage .

She woke up convince that she been woken up from someone having a massive argument in the garden this afternoon . she tell me did I not hear it . I said she must of been dreaming , she said No she heard it, what an argument . Now I was in the same room as she as she Nap I never heard it .

Just now she wake up tell me . did I give John ( my brother ) a post card . I thought what:confused: why , so ask her what does she mean.

she said did I not give a card to John because his 20 , so I said you mean Anthony thought she got my son age wrong . she said No John ( my brother ) his 20 . I said No his 50 . she said how strange , then go of to the toilet .

she must be dreaming , but she says she not . I only say this about dreaming because it been happing when she walk up .

Has anyone got any experience of this ?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Has anyone got any experience of this ?

Yes Maggie, all the time.

Dhiren wakes nearly every morning and sometimes during the night with a story.

He has asked me who Obama is, the candidate for the USA President, he thought someone had stolen our car, we haven`t had a car now for 3 years, he has said he`ll be late for work. He really believes all these things are happening or have happened. He once jumped out of bed and straightened it. I asked him why and he said the person who owned the house would be cross if he left the bed unmade.

citybythesea

Mar 23, 2008
coast of texas
Several months back mom would have episodes like that. She would either have just woken up froma very sound sleep or it would be after several hours of silence.

When she was awake I used to chatter with her all the time but sometimes it felt as if she were ignoring me. Seems it would those moments where the old machine just wasn't firin' right. Anyways then we would go thru episodes of talking about my brother as if he were younger and I would be someone in her life at that point and not myself.

For a few days I was a cousin whi close to 75 now. We joked in my house that I was a very young looking 75 (I'm 41 barely). Yes, but use it to your advantage having to pretend about the past still keeps their brain working. Enjoy this time....HUgs to you

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Thanks both of you .

Its just does seem strange

Anyways then we would go thru episodes of talking about my brother as if he were younger and I would be someone in her life at that point and not myself.

does she come back if you know what I mean & then recognizes who you are ?

He really believes all these things are happening or have happened. He once jumped out of bed and straightened it

Yes that just how my mother felt, really believes all these things are happening . Then after a while of been awake and silence. she tell me have you given me my medication ? . so I got it for her .

Last edited:

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Not strange Margarita

Ron tell's me stories. He will wake in the morning and tell me there was a party going on in the next door bungalow. They were all in the garden singing. Not true, or I am a heavy sleeper (NOT). Or, who was that with us in our bed last night.
Ur, worse of all, some women shouted at me last night, I don't like her. Well that would be me, pee, pee again, so yes, I do tend to raise my voice. Shout, no. But, you see, Ron has never had a raised voice, I feel so ashamed when I do it, must be the tiredness, and having to strip the bed in the middle of the night. Not a good excuse, but that is all I can think.
BarbX
PS
Next day, Ron has forgotten after an hour,or has he ?

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I feel so ashamed when I do it, must be the tiredness, and having to strip the bed in the middle of the night

I know what you mean , don't be ashamed about about shouting.

I also don’t like the inconstant part of the disease being waked up during the night is the worse.

tiredness frustration more like . I use to wonder that also does mum remember , My mother does I am sure because she tell me when I say to her don't raise your voice to much . Mum say well you do also . then I say I learn it from you :D

AJay

Aug 21, 2007
Leics
there was a party going on in the next door bungalow. They were all in the garden singing.

This is exactly what Dad used to tell me almost word for word! The poor lady next door who was so quiet in her little one bedroomed bungalow used to get accused of having parties almost every night with at least 10 people in attendance and they were all singing WW1 songs out in the garden!

Dad's other neighbours gardener used to shout at him every time he opened his door (she didn't have a gardener) and my poor Mum was accused of having an affair with a 'well dressed man' - she's been dead for 11 years - and apparently I knew all about it and was in agreement! Poor old Dad really believed this was all happening and who was I to say otherwise? It was quite interesting at times.

Hugs to you all

AJay xxx

citybythesea

Mar 23, 2008
coast of texas
Margarita

I am so sorry it took so long for me to get back on the post. Yes, at that time in life she would come out and recognize me, but over time she slowly quit referring to me by anything....When I had not heard my name for about 7 days I knew I was no longer Nancy, her daughter but that woman who she knows she can trust to take care of.....if only she could remember where I came from...

Take care of yourself and your mind. If you want look at my post..reason..it will explain all the reasons to cherish the now....I do know how it feels...HUGS

erik

Apr 7, 2007
Norway
www.pbase.com
This happens to my mother all the time. We had a dog about 10 years ago and often the dog would come to my mother and put his head in her lap so that she could pet him on the head.

These days my mother often falls asleep in her chair in front of the TV and will start talking in her sleep (a bit spooky, because sometimes her eyes are open). Sometimes she talks to the dog and she will lift up her hands and start petting him as if he is there....

When she wakes up she will often ask where the dog is; "because he was here just a minute ago"

I think it's referred to as: hypnagogic and hypnopompic state

Erik

LinzyE

Mar 13, 2008
My grandma regulalry has visitin animals in her room, yesterday it was an american rabit (didnt ask why it was american) altho she has a variety of different animals (apparently).

when she was at home she was constantly seein people in the garden etc....

made me sad yesterday, she's stopped responding the me when i call her grandma, the nurses seem to think she's reverted back to when her kids were small, hence....why would i be calling her grandma??

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976