It gets no easier does it!

lucky

Apr 29, 2010
cheshire
Hi all I'm just on hear for a moan really but don't really know who else understands. My mum was diagnosed with early onset of AD 5 years ago but has deteriorated a lot over the past few months.

I've just spoke to my dad who said mum was asleep again and sleeps all the time. He said she's also been thinking objects are people. My mum spoke to a pile of washing thinking it was me :( Why is this illness so cruel. My mum would be devastated if she knew what she was like. I just can't explain how it makes me feel that my mum is here but I've lost her already.
I'm so worried about my dad he's so alone and has lost my mum his wife.

Lucky x

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Lucky

It's so hard isn't it, none of know how to deal with it even when it hits us full on.

I hope you can support your Dad and we can support you.

Stay strong.

saucepan

Jul 30, 2014
Big hugs to you Lucky.
It really is such a cruel disease, especially for the family and friends. Grieving for someone who hasn't died is all wrong, but as you say, your Mom isn't there, retreating in here own little world.
I recently heard that their creative side never goes away, and music and singing might lift all of you a little.
I hope that both you and your Dad get some respite on a regular basis so at times you can forget all about your Mom and remember that you have your own lives to live.
Take care.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tarydew