it gets better at times

marmarlade

Jan 26, 2015
well to everyone of you who has someone with dementia my hubby has been in care for 6 weeks now the first four we unbearable he didnt want to be there and i didnt want him there but could manage no longer .the last two visits have been better he wanders around a lot but is slowly coming back to see us,but joy oh joy i got 2 kisses and a hug last time and the daughter got a kiss too.But next time we go things could be very different and all i might get is you dont like me thats why i,m here, but the hug and kisses will keep me going till i get some more so we take it a visit at a time and enjoy the good bits when they come

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello marmalade what a tough time you are having, l feel for you, nice for you to get kisses and some sort of recognition, hopefully things will improve for you.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
To look after your husband up until now has taken a lot of patience so hang on in there and it will get easier.

Margaret938

Hello Marmalade, My husband has been in a care home now for almost 23 months. No one ever wants to give up caring for their loved one. My life will never ever be the same again, without him. I visit him everyday and believe me the kisses and cuddles are very very important. I hope you continue to get them for a long time. Margaret x

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hi marmalade, it sounds like things are beginning to improve. I know it can be up and down, but treasure the good times - especially those hugs and kisses. :)

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
Marmalade - the good visits are a bonus - the bad visits just have to be borne. At least
he seems to be settling a little. Long may the hugs and kisses last - value them. Things change so quickly and unexpectedly with dementia. Thinking of you both WIFE

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Hello Marmalade

So pleased you have have a lovely visit with kisses and hugs. Hold on to those when you get some that aren't so good which is bound to happen sometimes. We too have some good and bad but more of the former at the moment. Thinking of you.