It feels so bleak

cumbria35

Apr 24, 2017
True, I am avoiding some of the overt suggestions for help aids. The person still has to remember to use it.
I have bought a weekly wall planner, I said it was for me as so much was going on. X
Such wise advice @AliceA , I do find it difficult not being able to plan anything but especially events like birthdays, holidays, Christmas. In honesty they don’t really happen now. I can’t think beyond his operation on the 26th because I don’t know what will happen, or how much he might be changed by the impact.
I think what we are going through makes us stronger, or presumably some people just cave in. I’ve always been known as a tough old bird! Even when I was young! But now I just do it, all of it, who else is going to, but how I would love to feel that not everything is my responsibility. I would love to be taken care of. Take care, and thank you for your advice xx
I know exactly what you mean , life will never be the same again. I too feel envious when friends send photos and e mails of what a lovely time they are having. I love my husband dearly but never seem able to have a couple of hours out on my own. Not their fault that they don’t understand. Thank goodness for the internet.

Sad Staffs

Jun 26, 2018
I know exactly what you mean , life will never be the same again. I too feel envious when friends send photos and e mails of what a lovely time they are having. I love my husband dearly but never seem able to have a couple of hours out on my own. Not their fault that they don’t understand. Thank goodness for the internet.
I too miss my time.... if I’m lucky I meet my cousin for a couple of hours every 2 or 3 weeks. It’s very precious, but I can’t leave him longer than that. And in honesty, even if there was anyone to stand in for me, why should they? He is mine, for better or worse!
it’s never easy going out anyway.... as he is very grumpy before I go out and grumpier when I get back!!
My brother in law, who lives in America, is off on yet another cruise to the Caribbean, they came back last week from a cruise to Canada, they came over to the UK on the Queen Mary in August, and had two other cruises earlier in the year. No... I’m not envious.... honest! Ha!
Nice to talk to you @cumbria35, and take care. Bx

Sad Staffs

Jun 26, 2018
No he will not do anything he doesn’t want to do and as for support etc that’s a very definite no no.We had the occupational therapist last week who was lovely by the way..recommended aids are coming on Monday..But he’s not going to use them :(:(...however she is also coming back next week to take him for a walk with a stick...that should be fun !!
I do wish you and oh well for the forthcoming surgery.
Take care keep in touch A x
Good luck with the aids! I find that my husband is a bit, and I did mean a bit, more compliant with others. So fingers crossed they get your husband up and out with his sticks. As I said, they told my husband if he didn’t have the second stair rail he was stuck upstairs. The rail was in by return!
Thanks for your good wishes and I will report back post surgery. Fingers crossed.... Bx