It all ended and I'm numb

andypandy

Jun 28, 2015
Well mum passed away, and to say I'm devastated is an under statement. But I feel so numb at the moment. I cry but not as much as I thought I would yet, I don't know if it's because the last year of mums life for so full on looking after her. I'm pleased to say though that we still had brief windows where she knew who we were but the end was not what her or us wanted.

We are so busy at the moment with arrangements and work and 'life' I'm scared what will happen when the roller coaster docks. Mum was our lives for such a long time, what do I do now? ? I'm finding it incredibly hard to deal with anyone else's feelings , is this odd and selfish??

I want to thank everyone that's ever posted a response to any of my posts, this site bought me comfort and advice when I needed it. Sadly though it's all over.

Mum - I love you always have always will xx

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Well mum passed away, and to say I'm devastated is an under statement. But I feel so numb at the moment. I cry but not as much as I thought I would yet, I don't know if it's because the last year of mums life for so full on looking after her. I'm pleased to say though that we still had brief windows where she knew who we were but the end was not what her or us wanted.

We are so busy at the moment with arrangements and work and 'life' I'm scared what will happen when the roller coaster docks. Mum was our lives for such a long time, what do I do now? ? I'm finding it incredibly hard to deal with anyone else's feelings , is this odd and selfish??

I want to thank everyone that's ever posted a response to any of my posts, this site bought me comfort and advice when I needed it. Sadly though it's all over.

Mum - I love you always have always will xx

Andypandy am so sorry for your loss.

One day at a time, it is enough to deal with your own feelings sometimes, neither odd nor selfish.

Look after yourself In the days ahead. Keep posting if it helps
love
Sue

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
My condolences andypandy - I'm so glad you had some time when your mum knew you

Your feelings are not odd at all - you have been so caught up in caring that 'you' took a back seat - now you are discovering your own feelings again; allow yourself to feel whatever does or doesn't come to you - and others will survive while you care for yourself

I'm pleased TP has been a comfort to you (it certainly is to me) - come here anytime you want a listening ear

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Oh, Andy, I'm so sorry. Please accept my condolences on the loss of your mother. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

No pressure and no obligation, but TP is always here, if and when you feel up to it.

Please look after yourself.

All the best,

amy

CeliaThePoet

Dec 7, 2013
Buffalo, NY, USA
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I think as carers we get into a state of calm which is very close to numb. Be as you are, everything's okay. Be at peace.

Roses40

Jan 25, 2015
manchester
I'm so sorry your Mum is no longer with you, please accept my condolences. It's nine months today since I lost my Mum and I miss her loads. At the time it all felt so surreal and numbing. I wish you strength and love, Rose

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
I am so sorry and will be thinking of you in the coming days. Do come back to TP if you want to and when you are ready xx

beverrino

Jan 12, 2015
so sorry to hear your very sad news Andy. I wish you strength and hugs in your times of need. Take care x

Kenhy

Nov 25, 2015
Sorry to hear about your loss Andy, thoughts go out to you and your family. Stay strong and think of the good times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanetR