ISSUES WITH CARE HOME

Roman223

Dec 29, 2020
Hi All, I'm posting this as no decision has been reached with regards to mum's care! I have issues with the current home she is in. Communication or lack of it is the problem. Since mum was admitted into the home there have been problems with the phones. In the last week I have tried numerous times to call and either speak to my mum or book a visit and no one is answering. It continually rings and I end up putting the phone down being very frustrated. How can I put mum there if I'm unable to speak to her or speak to any carers. I have complained to the CH and new phone lines/system were installed but yet the problem is still the same. I feel that communication is a major contributer as it's important thst I speak to mum and she speaks to me. When I have mentioned this to the CH they are saying there is no problem with the phones. I don't know what to do? Plus I know that mum has been asking to speak to me but yet over the 3 months she has been there I have had not one call to relay this!! Any thoughts would be appreciated?

Susan11

Nov 18, 2018
Hi All, I'm posting this as no decision has been reached with regards to mum's care! I have issues with the current home she is in. Communication or lack of it is the problem. Since mum was admitted into the home there have been problems with the phones. In the last week I have tried numerous times to call and either speak to my mum or book a visit and no one is answering. It continually rings and I end up putting the phone down being very frustrated. How can I put mum there if I'm unable to speak to her or speak to any carers. I have complained to the CH and new phone lines/system were installed but yet the problem is still the same. I feel that communication is a major contributer as it's important thst I speak to mum and she speaks to me. When I have mentioned this to the CH they are saying there is no problem with the phones. I don't know what to do? Plus I know that mum has been asking to speak to me but yet over the 3 months she has been there I have had not one call to relay this!! Any thoughts would be appreciated?
Mum's CH had more than one phone number. Perhaps you can check whether there is another number that is actually in use. Just a thought!