Is this the start?

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland
Is the start of something really bad now.

Mater was diagnosed last year and has been on Di??? for 3 months now. But this week especially last night she was really confused. She really did not know the day of the week. I suspected she had her diary open on the wrong week, but she also insisted she had dentist Tues when I know it is Thurs. She says she goes out walking in garden, but I know she doesn't.

She is also forgetting her neighbour's illnesses, something she really kept up with so she could be worse than them or at least have something to worry about.

One have stopped telephoning, and then mater did admit she could always call her.....but what the heck if she doesn't want to know me.

So not sure I suppose, is it the weather or are we now into a new stage?

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
It could be a new stage, or the weather, or a UTI. They can cause havoc. Try and get a urine sample and hand it in at the doctors. Make sure she drinks enough!

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland
It could be a new stage, or the weather, or a UTI. They can cause havoc. Try and get a urine sample and hand it in at the doctors. Make sure she drinks enough!

Thank you, yes worry about UTI, as I am so far away from her and also she does wear too many clothes. I am going down to see here on Saturday so will check her out then. I have OH at nurse tomorrow so will ask for another specinum bottle.

beverrino

Jan 12, 2015
hi Patsy56, my mum has had a particularly bad week - memory being really poor at the moment.

She has gone shopping regularly (Tuesday and Fridays every week) for as long as I can remember. Working through making the list on a Monday and Thursday evening is quite a painful process (for me) and it takes an age. However, this (yesterday) is the third time in a row she has 'forgotten' to go shopping - and then she gets quite agitated as to why she didn't go - and what has she been doing all day, she wants to know.

her skin on her arms in really thin and fragile and she keeps catching the skin (I am assuming) and starts it bleeding. I sort her out with a plaster, then I am sure she removes it after I have left.

She keeps asking me what is going to happen to her and I reassure her as best I can, but it is a huge worry.

I wondered if it could be the weather, but I am going to get a sample from her after work today - our walk-in at the hospital are very good and test the sample while we wait

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland
thank you Bev, my only concern is if I do get a sample her doc surgery not open weekends, only the cottage hospital outpatients emergency.
I can't get down during week as I work and OH has Parkinson's. What I could do is leave a note in the health visitors/DN book or even try the community nurse although I fee they have washed their hands of her completely