Is This Social Distancing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone.

Is this social distancing? Today I walked to work to earn my little bit of money from my depleted business and on my way there a cyclist on the pavement comes up behind me with no regard for social distancing and then on my way home I meet a group of six teenage girls one of whom playfully kicking her friend to which I call out 'careful'! They give a laugh and I call out 'two metres'!

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
weve had a group of teenagers up the road most of the day. a group of males used an angle grinder to cut a fence so they could play football at a sports centre. also in the paper today there were scenes when places of london, brighton and newcastle where there were crowds taking exercise and i dont think there was space to social distance

Jacques

Apr 4, 2020
I couldn't believe the scenes in the morning paper plus the footballers still hugging each other. Do these people not watch the news? Do they not see the exhausted nurses and doctors? Do they not see the patients and hear them when they say how horrific their illness has been.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
to be honest, they dont want to see it and it will never happen to them. my son at the moment has got covid although hes not too bad and my husband is shielding so got both ends. he is 34 and no underlying illnesses but he says its horrible. its the absolute tiredness and breathlessness. but his family are likely to get it as well. need one of the space bars that attach a bike to maybe a shoulder would stop it.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I forgot to say that when I met that group of girls I ran the risk of being knocked into the road as well as contracting Covid and do the parents know that they're all meeting up?

MaNaAk

MartinWL

Jun 12, 2020
London
Hello Everyone.

Is this social distancing? Today I walked to work to earn my little bit of money from my depleted business and on my way there a cyclist on the pavement comes up behind me with no regard for social distancing and then on my way home I meet a group of six teenage girls one of whom playfully kicking her friend to which I call out 'careful'! They give a laugh and I call out 'two metres'!

MaNaAk
Relax, a fleeting passing in the outdoors is unlikely to put you at risk of catching covid, in the extreme. Far more likely that you will be harmed by the cyclist colliding with you. No need to worry about the former miniscule risk.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
a risk is a risk. my son has covid and he thinks its from the shops. any precaution is a good one. i hope they never get it but its the slap dash attitude that is seeing the rising numbers and why my husband has to shield. if we all followed the rules, the NHS wouldnt be overwhelmed and the nurses wouldnt be exhausted and the army wouldnt have been brought in for major incidences. we need to do our part and protect people

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
its a shame others maybe others dont watch the news as they wouldnt be doing it. but it wont happen to them so why have they got to worry. other people can do that for them

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Yes it's those who are complacent that are spreading this virus. I hope your son is feeling better @jennifer1967 and that the rest of the family are okay.

MaNaAk

Status
Not open for further replies.