Is this normal practice

Desperatedan

Jun 26, 2018
If you wait for a person with dementia to accept they have a problem you will wait forever. Others will be along I am sure to give you better advice but personally I would step back from the situation for your own safety and get social services involved as a matter of priority

Thank you so much

Desperatedan

Jun 26, 2018
I am sorry for you and your family that you are having to go through this. I think your daughter should move out immediately perhaps move back in with you temporarily and not wait a week or two...she is at risk from your mum's unpredictable behaviour due to the dementia and it isn't fair for her to be in that position no matter how willing especially so in that it is now affecting her health not surprisingly and I would contact MHT and follow Tin and Nitram's sound advice...throw it completely back onto them. Follow up in writing and take a back seat for a little while.

Thank you so much

Desperatedan

Jun 26, 2018
I agree with @love.dad.but.. and your daughter should leave now, even if she is sleeping on you floor or a friend's sofa. Phone social services telling them what you've done and step back. The whole thing sounds like it isn't doing any of you any good.
I hope you get a resolution soon.

Thank you so much

Desperatedan

Jun 26, 2018
When my mum had her diagnosis, we were given all this literature about what was available and who could help. What they didn't prepare me for was my mum not accepting diagnosis , lying to the professionals, and them actually believing her. Getting outside help is not an option she would not have it. When I go to any appointments with her she can hold her own for 10mins, but soon becomes obvious, they ask me questions about mums abilities, and I find myself not telling the whole truth not to upset her. There are massive grey areas with dementia that you're not warned about. I can quite understand mental health issues of many carers, I feel lost frustrated and at sea. I know how dementia progresses on paper, the reality is life changing for everybody involved.

Thank you so much

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonathan95