Is this hallucinations

JMU

Feb 17, 2012
Cornwall
A couple of times lately I have heard dad talking in his room after he has gone to bed.
It is usually ten or twenty minutes after.
I can't hear what he's saying but he seems to be repeating something over and over in quite an aggressive manner, and it's clearly not addressed to me. It usually lasts a few minutes then everything goes quiet.
He hasn't said anything to me, nor has he shown any behaviour like this during the day. Does this sound like hallucinations?

sah

Apr 20, 2009
Dorset
Husband has done this a few times-including shouting out whilst sitting bolt upright. Seems fine in the morning and does not realise it's happening. How to tell the difference between nightmares and delusions?:confused:

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
Imust admit I talk out loud to myself on many occasions.

It is usually to reinforce an idea or make me do some thing positive.

Of course it could be that he sees someone in the room and is trying to make them leave.

Would you be able to go into his room when you hear him talking and just ask if everything is ok??

Jeannette

malc

Aug 15, 2012
north east lincolnshire
i'd just be grateful that he can handle them,my wife's hallucinations are very vivid and scare the life out of her,it breaks my heart but drugs are out of the question because they will affect the brain which is already damaged anyway.

Blueheather

Feb 18, 2013
Scotland
Sleep talking

My Husband talks in his sleep sometimes too. He never used to before. It can be quite loud too,loud enough to wake me with a start. Occasionally he wakes himself up with it but usually he sleeps through it.
When he woke himself one time, i asked him what was the matter and he said it was just a dream but a very realistic dream.