Is this end of life and what can I do??

Gg2

Jul 19, 2014
I'm so sorry to hear about your father passing ma1. I do understand what you're saying.

We went away this weekend and when we called in last night, we were gobsmacked at how much dad has deteriorated. I don't think the bank staff have given the same care and attention and with me not going either, the picture isn't good. He had a temperature but was fully tucked up in bed with a top and vest on and his tongue was dry. We tried to make him drink but most of it spilt everywhere. He was spitting all good out. The nurse said he'd been the same all weekend and I said about the temperature but she said she hadn't noticed and would check later! The Dr is seeing him today. I feel he's dropped to another level now

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Joidevivre

Aug 4, 2015
Thank you. They say he is spitting them out so not taking them effectively but I've never seen him have a problem and the nurse the other night said he doesn't have a problem usually.

I worked in hospice care for years, and what I mostly learned is that bodies seem to know what they can and cannot tolerate as the end of life comes nearer.

My husband is 84, and has Alzheimers/Parkinsons, and we decided to take him off all blood thinners since they were causing a little problem with internal bleeding. He might have a stroke or not - but the less medications you use the better. It is all about comfort and using the faith you have.

Forget the aggressive treatments. They all have side effects. Allow your husband to listen to his body - even when their mind goes, they have an instinct as to what they can tolerate. Even when someone dies, body functions tend to shut down one by one, and the families get so disturbed when they stop eating. But it is such a normal thing.

Hope this helps.

Gg2

Jul 19, 2014
My wonderful father passed away peacefully with my husband and I by his side late last night on my late mothers birthday.

I'm so grateful that I got to say good bye and be by his side

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
My wonderful father passed away peacefully with my husband and I by his side late last night on my late mothers birthday.

I'm so grateful that I got to say good bye and be by his side

I am sorry Gg2 that you have lost your wonderful father but glad it was peaceful. Wishing you strength for the coming days ahead xxxxxxxxxx

geum123

May 20, 2009
Hello Gg2,
I'm so sorry to read that your Father has passed away,
but glad he had you and your husband by his side,
and that you were able to say good bye.

Wishing you much strength in the coming weeks.
Love Geum xxx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet