Is this a symptom ?

Anniebell

Jan 31, 2015
Don't know if this is just mum but I've noticed when we go anywhere we can be there for ten mins and then she wants to leave took her to the hairdresser last week and a lady came carrying a little dog this seemed to put mum about stylist not finished mums hair but we had to leave today took her to see her sil been there ten mins she wants to leave no pacifying her her coats on and heading for the door was going to take her see her brother but quite a drive from mums not sure it's worth it for 10 min is this happening to anyone else

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Happens to me all the time and when I give in and take her home she wants to know when we are going out again. We cannot do long car journeys anymore, its just too stressful, 45 mins maximum.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Mum often demands to be taken out, spends all her time in the car asking where we are and where are we going, over and over. We get there and (as you say) ten minutes later she wants to go home again. Then when we are back she doesnt remember that she has gone out. :rolleyes:

The problem is the lack of memory - before she goes out it feels to her like she hasnt been out for years. On the journey she cant remember where she is going and she cant remember having asked the question before. Then when we arrive it feels to her as if she has been there for hours and as she has no concentration left she gets bored and wants to go back.

If you dont think she would cope with visiting her brother then when she asks - say yes, you will arrange it ..... tomorrow ;) Could her brother visit her instead?

Anniebell

Jan 31, 2015
Happens to me all the time and when I give in and take her home she wants to know when we are going out again. We cannot do long car journeys anymore, its just too stressful, 45 mins maximum.

Thanks Tin just knowing its happening to someone else makes you feel better a part of me was thinking mum was doing it on purpose and i know shes not just gets me like that sometimes x

RobinH

Apr 9, 2012
London
Just a thought - have you tried leaving the place she wants to leave, walking/driving round the block for 5 mins, and going back in? It might work. Some people report their loved one wanting to go to a place that no longer exists, like their childhood home, so they do that.

All the best

Robin

Anniebell

Jan 31, 2015
Mum often demands to be taken out, spends all her time in the car asking where we are and where are we going, over and over. We get there and (as you say) ten minutes later she wants to go home again. Then when we are back she doesnt remember that she has gone out. :rolleyes:

The problem is the lack of memory - before she goes out it feels to her like she hasnt been out for years. On the journey she cant remember where she is going and she cant remember having asked the question before. Then when we arrive it feels to her as if she has been there for hours and as she has no concentration left she gets bored and wants to go back.

If you dont think she would cope with visiting her brother then when she asks - say yes, you will arrange it ..... tomorrow ;) Could her brother visit her instead?

Thanks canary for your reply I really want mum to see her brother before she gets any worse and she will still know him my uncle is of sound mind but mobility not good so its going to be easier ! To get mum to him and I suppose if she wants to go home after 10 mins at least she will have seen him it will be just over an hours drive and to my uncle and mum it will be worth it ,I think ,I hope ,who knows lol take care x

Anniebell

Jan 31, 2015
Just a thought - have you tried leaving the place she wants to leave, walking/driving round the block for 5 mins, and going back in? It might work. Some people report their loved one wanting to go to a place that no longer exists, like their childhood home, so they do that.

All the best

Robin

I just might try that it may pacify her thanks Robin take care

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne Paterson