Is this a sign?

rick-man

Jun 17, 2019
Recently my typing ability has diminished. I remember my passwords but I have trouble logging in. The big thing for me was last weekend I was at the self checkout, my last item was cabbage and I could not remember what it was called and was unable to enter it in the screen. I finally had to ask for help. Cabbage. It scared the **** out of me.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello @rick-man
welcome to DTP
I'm sorry you are worried right now
there may be several explanations for what you describe eg stress, low levels of certain vitamins .... so probably best to go have a chat with your GP who will probably have some blood tests done and generally check you over ... hopefully, they will set your mind at rest

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello @rick-man and welcome from me too.

As has been said, the best thing to do in this situation is have a chat with your GP. Many treatable conditions, such as depression, stress, thyroid problems, vitamin deficiencies etc., can cause dementia like symptoms so it's important to have a check-up. Please don't cause additional stress by jumping to the immediate conclusion that it's dementia. On the other hand, if it is dementia then a diagnosis may open up support for you.

Here is a link to a Society Fact sheet about the diagnosis issue. Just click the second line to read or print the document

Assessment and diagnosis (426)
PDF printable version

Now that you have found us I hope you will keep posting if you need further support as the membership has vast collective knowledge and experience.

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Hello @rick-man and a warm welcome from me also
Try not to worry unnecessarily sometimes our brains get overwhelmed and occasional words or names escape us.
But a chat with your GP hopefully will help.
Look forward to seeing more posts from you in the future