Is the dementia progressing?

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Got to wait until 7the of next month for dads diagnosis but he is getting worse infections have been ruled out and lately he has become very unsteady on his feet I have to watch his every move incase he falls... Is this a sign that the disease is progressing..hope that someone can help with this xx

henfenywfach

May 23, 2013
rct
Hi!

I'm my dad's carer! Every single person with dementia or suspected dementia will progress differently..The only certainty is that dementia is progressive...my dad has dementia with let bodies which has symptoms of alzheimers and parkinsonism. This mean his gait and mobility is stiff shuffling and he falls as his balance is appaulling. I checked hearing and sight etc to make sure they weren't causing balance issues etc.
Other illnesses falls infections where their dementia is at can all determine the progression your noticing.

Make sure you ask and accept help and look after yourself too!
Best wishes

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Hi!

I'm my dad's carer! Every single person with dementia or suspected dementia will progress differently..The only certainty is that dementia is progressive...my dad has dementia with let bodies which has symptoms of alzheimers and parkinsonism. This mean his gait and mobility is stiff shuffling and he falls as his balance is appaulling. I checked hearing and sight etc to make sure they weren't causing balance issues etc.
Other illnesses falls infections where their dementia is at can all determine the progression your noticing.

Make sure you ask and accept help and look after yourself too!
Best wishes

Hi thank you for that... It's not easy being a carer is it. Hope that you too are looking after yourself. Xx