1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

Is the dementia progressing?

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by exhausted 2015, Aug 14, 2015.

1. exhausted 2015

exhausted 2015 Registered User

Jul 5, 2015
    Female
    stoke on trent
    Got to wait until 7the of next month for dads diagnosis but he is getting worse infections have been ruled out and lately he has become very unsteady on his feet I have to watch his every move incase he falls... Is this a sign that the disease is progressing..hope that someone can help with this xx

2. henfenywfach

henfenywfach Registered User

May 23, 2013
    rct
    Hi!

I'm my dad's carer! Every single person with dementia or suspected dementia will progress differently..The only certainty is that dementia is progressive...my dad has dementia with let bodies which has symptoms of alzheimers and parkinsonism. This mean his gait and mobility is stiff shuffling and he falls as his balance is appaulling. I checked hearing and sight etc to make sure they weren't causing balance issues etc.
    Other illnesses falls infections where their dementia is at can all determine the progression your noticing.

Make sure you ask and accept help and look after yourself too!
    Best wishes

3. exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
    Female
    stoke on trent
    Hi thank you for that... It's not easy being a carer is it. Hope that you too are looking after yourself. Xx

4. henfenywfach

henfenywfach Registered User

May 23, 2013
    rct
    It shouldve said lewy bodies..New phone ! !!

5. exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
    Female
    stoke on trent
    Lol I know what you meant.. That's smart phones for you x I should of put 7th but it came out 7the x