1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

Is sleeping most of the time common in Alzheimer's?

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by Frankieisblue, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Frankieisblue

Frankieisblue Registered User

Dec 19, 2015
    That's all my dad seems to do nowadays , perhaps this is just the way the illness is taking him ? He's barely mobile , unsteady on his feet and has a stair lift ....maybe we should be grateful he isn't violent or a wanderer ?

Frankieisblue

2. Pacucho

Pacucho Registered User

Dec 20, 2009
    Wembley, Middlesex
    Hello,

I do not know whether sleeping is common in people with Alzheimer's disease. But I can confirm that my late mum, who had vascular dementia, slept a lot of the time in the latter part of her life.
    Hope this helps,

Paco

3. Frankieisblue

Frankieisblue Registered User

Dec 19, 2015
    Thank you my friend

Cheers

4. Tiller Girl

Tiller Girl Registered User

May 14, 2012
    My husband sleeps quite a bit too.

5. DINKIEDOO69

DINKIEDOO69 Registered User

Dec 28, 2015
    sleeping a lot

yes it is common . Mum sleeps a lot now

6. nae sporran

nae sporran Volunteer Host

Oct 29, 2014
    Male
    Bristol
    OH sleeps a lot too, she has vascular. She used to be a night owl and slept late, but now sleeps all the time.