Is it worth taking?

Discussion in 'I have dementia' started by Richard and Fin, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Palerider

Palerider Registered User

Aug 9, 2015
    Male
    North West
    I tend to think of it like this: whatever you take it is toxic to some degree be it medicications, alternative medicines or just pure indulgence (red wine and chocky). As I have said before on here, know your poison and know it well.

The fact that we have medications shows the problem of finding cure for illness, I think last time I looked (some time ago now) there were only 42 diseases that could be cured, and some of those were by surgery rather than taking tablets or potions. Many of the drugs available are to control symptoms or in plain english to alleviate the person from their ills, often the side effects create more problems. I had to stop taking sertraline for example, as I suffered severe abdominal cramps which occurred more than once while driving -did I feel any different? No not really, but the cramps stopped

2. Chalkie

Chalkie New member

Jan 19, 2018
    You need to be very careful mixing prescription drugs with 'herbal' remedies as they might not go together very well. Always ask a doctor, or, preferably, a pharmacist.