Is it worth £6000 ?

ETracy

Jun 6, 2022
My dad already receives FNC and I am currently reapplying for full CHC funding after 2 years. I’ve had a quote from a company of almost £6000 for their ‘help and expertise’ to obtain the funding. Has anyone else gone down this route recently ? And what company did they use? We think dad is borderline, again, so we’re not holding out much hope. We were hoping that there is a company out there who does ‘no win, no fee’ on this . Many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Hi @ETracy, I agree that getting help to fill the forms out or just finding someone to talk things through with is a good idea, but I'd run a mile from any company that wants to charge you so much for something that you can be advised on for free.
I have no experience of applying for CHC, but I'm sure those who have will be along very shortly with their ideas as to how to approach this.

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
I have successfully applied for CHC.
Please keep a log of all the times actual nursing care was needed.
Keep your own detailed diary of observations
Unpredictable behaviour is a big element
All the very best!

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hello @ETracy
A warm welcome to DTP

Members may not give recommendations on the open forums.
However this links to the NHS site which makes a suggestion at the bottom of the page

You might also have a chat with one of the advisors on the Support Line

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
The person will either qualify or not, the peron tht applies will make very little difference.
£6k is a lot of money!

Have you looked at the checklist yourself?

Maybe if you describe your person with dementia people can suggest the way to go.