is it me or mt situation?

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Elaine - you've just lost your father, you're working and (I think) studying. It would be surprising if there weren't times when you thought you were losing it: stress will do that to you. You need to give yourself time: time to heal and time for yourself.

Love

elaineo2

Jul 6, 2007
leigh lancashire
Thanks Jen,i seriously think that my mind has taken a back seat!am worried as it may affect my work,not really concerned with home life,its always a laugh anyway,but my word does work frighten me at the mo.love elainex

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hi Elaine,

I agree with Jennifer..

Grief takes time..you're working and studying..

And not superwoman..!!!!

Take it a day at a time and don't be too hard on yourself.

Love Gigi xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Elaine, what you're feeling is completely natural.

It's no time at all since you lost your father, and my guess is that you went straight back to work, without giving yourself time to recover.

Could you take some time off now? You really need to give yourself a break, and come to terms with your loss. You have a stressful job, and it's difficult to cope when you're constantly on edge.

Could you talk to your manager and tell her how you feel? Please don't just carry on until you reach breaking point.

Love,

zoet

Feb 28, 2008
Macclesfield, Cheshire
I was JUST thinking the same thing Elaine! I seem to be forgetting things all the time at the mo, and I put things places and say things I cant remember a few hours after! It scared me.....am I getting AD????? LOLOLOL. Of course, Im NOT! Its just stress sort of turns bits of your brain off so you can focus on one thing at a time, which makes you feel like your losing it. Its normal and healthy and shows your brain is working right! So dont worry! Try and make yourself some "you" time soon, to pamper and reflct and rest. We arent super human and get a bit over loaded with it all. Here....have a big hug....**SQEEEEEEEEZE**. Now go buy some chocolate!!;)

BeverleyY

Jan 29, 2008
Ashford, Kent
Hi Elaine

I lost my Mum in January, and a couple of weeks later Dad was really poorly and that sent him into acute confusion over and above his 'normal' confusion of his Vascular Dementia.

The past couple of months have been full of stress, worry, frustration etc right from the grief, through to the anger of the pension services registered my Dad dead as well as my Mum.

I know my memory is terrible at the moment. I go to the fridge and can't even remember why I am there! I pull up to get petrol and go in to pay before I've even filled up :rolleyes:

I am sure that stress/grief etc. plays havoc with our minds.

Keep your chin up.

Beverley x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BB2CAN