Is it Lewy Body?

Cheekycow

Feb 8, 2016
Could do with some advice.

My OH is acting oddly. He is struggling to carry out tasks that he would normally be able to do without even thinking, just small things but quite a lot. He seems to be sleeping at night quite well at the moment, which is unusual for him, but during the day he falls asleep at the drop of a hat. I went to the kitchen to get him something and by the time I got back into the living room he was fast asleep. He gets severe headaches and has to take painkillers for this and always says its because he has taken painkillers. He doesn't seem to be able to follow things like conversation or a tv programme, and gets agitated about this. His mood seems flat, says he doesn't really feel anything.

He has had three of these episodes over the past 12 months and the gp and neurologist don't seem to be able to find any reason for them. The episode lasts for a week or so and then he's back to 'normal' for months.

I looked up Lewy Body Dementia and the symptons sound similar.

Caz60

Jul 24, 2014
Lancashire
Hi ,my hubby has LBD.and it all sounds very familiar but of course it takes a professional to put it all together.My hubby suffers cognitive issues and poor speech he also shuffles and walks stooped and very slow.He sleeps well at night mostly but he acts out his dreams moving shouting talking and Jerks.
He also dreams nasty situation dreams ,insecure feelings for hi self and family.
One morning he woke up upset and looking for a sandwich that he had in his pocket trying to throw it away as a lion was chasing him,we do laugh it off as much as we can

Take Care xxx

Annypurple

May 6, 2015
Could do with some advice.

My OH is acting oddly. He is struggling to carry out tasks that he would normally be able to do without even thinking, just small things but quite a lot. He seems to be sleeping at night quite well at the moment, which is unusual for him, but during the day he falls asleep at the drop of a hat. I went to the kitchen to get him something and by the time I got back into the living room he was fast asleep. He gets severe headaches and has to take painkillers for this and always says its because he has taken painkillers. He doesn't seem to be able to follow things like conversation or a tv programme, and gets agitated about this. His mood seems flat, says he doesn't really feel anything.

He has had three of these episodes over the past 12 months and the gp and neurologist don't seem to be able to find any reason for them. The episode lasts for a week or so and then he's back to 'normal' for months.

I looked up Lewy Body Dementia and the symptons sound similar.

It could be a number of things, the very best way to know is to see professional GP or Alzheimer's Society (if you have a local group) - someone to put you in touch with the right consultant. We need to know a diagnosis - it's amazing how the medical profession seem to think this is not necessary - but it is. The type of brain disease our cared for has plays a huge part in how we take care, what we can do, what medication might help. I had to wait until my OH had a real crisis before he was given an MRI which led to an accurate diagnosis. Once we knew what he had (it is a rare brain disease) then we could find out what the symptoms were and if he has other symptoms, these might not be to do with the disease and the dementia that it's causing. Don't guess. That's what I'm saying. Hope you manage to find support.