Is it just me?

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland
Mother has dementia, my husband has Parkinson's, I feel I too am losing my mind. I went to the doctor and said I was worried.

He said not to worry I only had 1/2 a brain..........the other two 1/4's are with my husband and my mother. Yes I am looking out for them.

Do I feel better? Yes until I forget something.

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
Cant leave this with no reply

I think what you are experiencing is to be expected. You are under a huge amount of strain. Even if you dont feel physically tired you must be tired emotionally.

I have found that the emotional strain of full time worry about my Mother has made my life very difficult indeed. I felt I was having a breakdown. I was also physically exhausted and eventually (after using private medical insurance) I found out I have pernicious anaemia.

You know your body. If it feels like more than stress go back to your doctor and ask what else it could be. Pernicious anaemia and thyroid failure are both triggered in later life and both cause brain fogs. Trust your own intuition. Bets of luck.

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland
Had a breakdown last July was signed off for a month. Also been checked for thyroid.Thank you for your thoughts

Last edited:

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
Had a breakdown last July was signed off for a month. Also been checked for thyroid.Thank you for your thoughts

Go back to your doc and ask for help. You are at breaking point so please take care of yourself too.

Thinking of you
Love Quilty

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Hi patsy :)

Whatever is causing your forgetfulness, I don't think you should ignore it. Sounds to me like your GP was just looking for a quick way out. After all, if half your brain is devoted to other people, that's not good and I feel he should have offered you some support.

Plus, as Quilty says, loads of things, from depression to stress, low Vitamin D or B12, thyroid problems, pain if you have such things as arthritis, etc, etc.....all can cause forgetfulness or 'brain fog'. So please do go back to your GP, perhaps with a letter outlining your concerns, and ask for support. You are entitled to be taken seriously :)

Lindy xx

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland
Hi patsy :)

Whatever is causing your forgetfulness, I don't think you should ignore it. Sounds to me like your GP was just looking for a quick way out. After all, if half your brain is devoted to other people, that's not good and I feel he should have offered you some support.

Plus, as Quilty says, loads of things, from depression to stress, low Vitamin D or B12, thyroid problems, pain if you have such things as arthritis, etc, etc.....all can cause forgetfulness or 'brain fog'. So please do go back to your GP, perhaps with a letter outlining your concerns, and ask for support. You are entitled to be taken seriously :)

Lindy xx

Thank you Lindy, had breakdown last year and checked out for all the above. Just recently had lower abdominal pains and lost weight , been checked for ovarian cancer , full blood tests and going for a pelvic scan on Tuesday.....I thank you for your advice

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland
OK, not a big deal in the scope of things, but have been having pains in side (ovary) and was tested for P195 etc etc, thyroid, anemia etc....turns out I have a small ovarian cyst......about size of thumb nail....my thumb nail huge.....but now have to wait for the doctor to decide what to do.

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland
Patsy, I'm not quite certain - who will be making the decision on what to do? Because I think you should be, after having an in-depth discussion with the doctor regarding the options and the outcomes.

not sure what it will entail, let it see if it doesn't grow, have it removed, drained? Never had one before so not sure of the options.
Now if it was a cyst in the breast I can give you all the information you or anyone wants. Had 4 of them.