Is it fate?

AJay

Aug 21, 2007
Leics
Once again my wonderful boss has given me time off to sort Dads affairs out and look for a care home for him. So here I am sitting munching mid morning snacks (an apple please note Sylvia!)making long lists of who I need to ring and what to do.

Is it fate I wonder that the only care home I've triple ticked from the register that SS have given me as my No.1 choice, which has a very good report on the care standards agency site and which is the first place I've contacted has 2 places available just now? It fits all the criteria that the social worker has recommended for Dad, I had a lovely chat to the manager and Dad will love the building - it's a large old house that's recently been converted. We will go to visit tonight unannounced.

Things have gone so smoothly so far after anticipating many ructions, arguments and difficulties with Dad that surely it's not going to be this easy once again???

AJay xxx

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Ajay,
Firstly, it is good to know some boss are supportive in dealing with time of and the demands this illness puts on us.

As for the care Home of your choice coming up in my personnel opinion I would take the chance and move your Dad. It is not something that I would advacate normally but as it was one you really liked for your Father.

If your Father could take the move, as least you know it was the C.H. that was top choice.

I wish you all the best in making your decision.
Christine

jc141265

Sep 16, 2005
Australia
Maybe it is fate, we had a similar experience when right when Dad was becoming too much for Mum to care for, and the respite home refused to look after him, a place became vacant in a home that was only 700 metres from my house and the lady who ran it at the time happened to have a father who had the same name as my own Dad's. ;)

BeverleyY

Jan 29, 2008
Ashford, Kent
I believe in fate, so it could well be.

Good on you eating apples - I am spreading by the minute, chocolate and wine... and have started yet again today on trying to put right the weight gain that has crept on during Jan/Feb. Grrr.

Best of luck with your Dad.

Beverley x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
AJay, it sounds as if things are working out perfectly for you. I too was lucky in that way. My first choice of home had a vacancy just when John was to be transferred from hospital.

I hope your visit good well for you tonight.

Love,

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear AJay,

Best of luck and I hope that all goes in your favour.

Love Taffy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet