• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can now be found in our new area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

You can directly access this area >here<.

Is Artifical Intelligence a viable support tool?

KoalaBear

Jan 5, 2020
I am doing research for an EPQ on how Artificial Intelligence could be the key to supporting Alzheimer's patients, but I know the experience is different for everyone. I have found several start ups, however I would like to know personal opinions from carers, families and the sufferers themselves. If anyone would be willing to give their opinion on the use of technology to support patients verses actual human interaction (or even your own ideas of how AI could help!), it would be greatly appreciated!

ally66

Oct 4, 2017
My father was diagnosed 5 years ago and is now needing 24hour car but we kept him independent longer with the use of cameras and room sensors. He now has a robotic cat whom he loves and interacts with. His speech is not good now but I use the u tube channel on tv and play songs most of the day.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Aged mother gets confused with the lifeline box & button. Also of the generation that has no broadband !
confabulations with the radio/ tv can’t imagine what would happen with AI.