Is Aricept available to NHS patients in Greater Manchester

Janf

Apr 14, 2014
I wonder if anyone can advise me. I think my father is in the early stages of Alzheimers and have heard that Aricept can really slow down the development of the disease. My father is 89 and usually pin sharp, but the past month he has gone really downhill. If we are not visiting at meal times he puts his meals on wheels in the recycling bin or the dog gets it! He really cannot afford to lose weight and has just come out of hospital after suffering a fall. My sister and I are taking it in turns to be with him 24/7. His Doctor is worse than useless so I would like to go armed with knowledge about this medication before going to him. I hope someone out there can help? Thank you, Janf.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
The initial prescription should be made by a consultant, this usually means a visit to a memory clinic. Ask the GP for a referral.

Trisha4

Jan 16, 2014
Yorkshire
Although we live in East Yorkshire we attend the Cerebral Function Unit in Salford Hospital. My husband was prescribed Aricept there. Can you ask his GP to refer him to a consultant or for a brain scan. It's golf be followed up. Best of luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa