Is a tremor a symptom?

Vic10

Feb 18, 2017
My OH was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s 4+ years ago. Over the last 12 months there has been considerable deterioration in his condition.
He has a severe tremor in his jaw, arms, hands and sometimes legs. Is this a symptom of Alzheimer’s or could something else be going on?
It doesn’t seem to bother him at all, not sure he even knows he’s doing it! Should I be getting him to the GP?

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I’ve no experience of this with my husband or my mum but if I were youI would be arranging for him to see his GP. It would do no harm to just have things ruled out at least.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
My wife was diagnosed about the same time as your OH and she has developed a tremor in her hands. I don't know whether it's related to the dementia though as other members of her family have the same tremor.

I agree that anything that's a concern should be run past the GP.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Id go to the GP. It might be something like Parkinsons

That was my thought as well. My friend’s husband had Alzheimers, vascular dementia and Parkinson’s. He had tremors and a very shuffling walk.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
My OH was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s 4+ years ago. Over the last 12 months there has been considerable deterioration in his condition.
He has a severe tremor in his jaw, arms, hands and sometimes legs. Is this a symptom of Alzheimer’s or could something else be going on?
It doesn’t seem to bother him at all, not sure he even knows he’s doing it! Should I be getting him to the GP?
There is something called he Rigors which has similar symptoms and is usually linked to an infection or high temperature.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian.Hogan