Irritating Habits

Bree

Oct 16, 2013
Honestly it's driving me up the wall. The champing of teeth, the constant grunts, and now the stamping of the left foot on the floor, it's like living 24/7 with a one man band ! :eek::eek:

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Two things for me; you wouldn't want to know what either of them are, but they're really 'orrible!

Much love to you.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
His constant fidgeting and foot wiggling that shakes the whole sofa! And grunting while eating! The insistent head scratching! Peeling off a banana skin in its entirety before eating it! The way he shovels food in! Touching all my things and folding up my newspapers when I haven't finished reading them yet! Ditto for the TV guide! Stalking me into the kitchen every time I try to cook! Folding up used tissues and putting them on the table next to the shoes that also found their way there!

I have to stop before my blood pressure raises!

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Bree your 'one man band' made me :D too:eek:

I don't know what I do to irritate others, only that I'm sure I do:eek: but you're all too polite to say.;)
But I do know it irritates me no end when I can't find what I'm looking for when I know its there:(

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
I'm sorry too but it brought a smile to me too

We have constant champing especially when eating. Nose picking. And numerous others which nearly drive me over the edge! Of course none of these things happen when someone else is here! It's all saved up for hubby and I

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Oh how could I forget about the nose picking! And the nail biting! And the endless rearranging of his placemat at mealtimes!

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Dipping toast in her boiled egg and it all drips down her 'bib' and constant fiddling with her food

Slurping her drinks and most goes down her front. I know she can't help I though

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
He can spend ages on getting it just so! Why does no one tell you that they get OCD on top of everything else?

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
At the end of the day although they drive me mad I am so sad for my husband that these things are out of his control.

Oxy

Jul 19, 2014
I do agree Izzy but at the time.......

This thread does help to see we are not alone with whatever foibles we are presented with.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Hadn't thought about OCD. He lines his shoes up with millimetre precision, socks on top just so.it doesn't annoy me, more amuses me. Place mat is another one, has to be just right!

Last edited:

Amber 3

Feb 4, 2015
South Devon
Constantly stroking the tiles in the fireplace, then running his hand over the mantelpiece....Finger marks everywhere, and have had to remove all ornaments !
Driving me mad !! :mad:

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
It hadnt actually occurred to me, but mum does that too - lining up the cutlery so that the bottom of the handles come to just the edge of the table.

I have been told that OCD often occurs when the person in question feels like they have no control over anything in their life and that it is a way of gaining control over something. I suppose that it would make sense for the dementia sufferer to try and regain some form of control.

Miss Merlot

Oct 15, 2012
The tone of voice in which she says, "oh ye-esss", "oh, I kno-owww" - even if she hasn't a clue of what we're talking about.